OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,488 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted May 15, 2011 - 07:28 PM

I didn't have a way to get it home today, but will do that TUE or WED.

Pretty good looking original G10. Runs great, no smoke. A bit of rust in the fender at the back, but nothing major or pitted, tires in fine shape

All in all it looks like it's "ready to work".

Mower deck looks to be almost perfect. The same goes for the snowblower, which is the real reason I bought it.

I wanted a snowblower for next winter, but am NOT prepared to buy one for the new Cub Cadet, since it would be 1000.00+.

Now, since the G10 is a tube frame, would the tiller and snow blade that I have for the 800 work with the G10 as well?

Also, will it be possible to run the snowblower with the 800? Reason for asking that is that the 800 has the low range and I'm thinking that may be better when using the snowblower in heavier snow.

In either case, once I get a set of chains, I think I'm going to be set for NEXT winter's snow. Don't have any wheel weights, but I guess I can toss 3 or 4 25# sacks of kitty litter in the dump attachment to get the any weight I might need.

I may have paid too much for it, 425.00, but I thought that with the good deck, snowblower, and the very good condition of everything that it was worth it to me.

And yes, there WILL be pics once I get it home...well, if it ever quits raining here in NE OH there will.

#2 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,208 posts

Posted May 15, 2011 - 07:55 PM

The attachments are interchangeable.
The G-10 has a low range as well, but you have to manually put the belt on the other pulley.
I'd say it was a decent deal

#3 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,488 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted May 15, 2011 - 08:03 PM

... The G-10 has a low range as well, but you have to manually put the belt on the other pulley. ...

Good to know. I may just leave the blade on the 800 and use that for when I need to push snow, and the blower on the G10 with the belt in the low position.