Decided today would be a good day to pull the good engine out of the 1810 and put it in the 1811. Actually started the preparations a couple days ago. Rolled the 1811 out of the garage on dollies and gave it a good bath with the pressure washer. Have a adjustable swivel on the wand that can direct the spray back up at a 45° angle. Really works good for spraying the under side of things. Motor came out of the doner tractor, an 1810, with no problem. Cleaned it up a bit and set it back in the 1811. While it was partially out I removed the starter and lubed the bushings and drive. The install went good but took a lot of time, getting bolts and plates lined up, the hood back on etc.
Took it for a test drive when it was all back together. Ran and drove great. Time for the 44" deck which was gone over prior and was ready to go. With the deck on I put it to work mowing. 2 hours later Carolyn tried it mowing a straight strip. Definitely need a steering wheel spinner though. The steering is a low ratio and take more turning on the wheel to turn corners. On up and down slopes it is a hand full to try and steer and lift the deck and slow down all at the same time. Will take some getting used but going to make a good mowing machine. Now to find a buy for the LT.
Had a pic of the tractor the engine came out of but it didn't get to the right place for some reason. Tomorrow the hydro comes out of the tractor the engine came out of. Will have a lot of parts, but the 50" deck off the 1810 is in rough shape. Could be usable but the lift mechanism is manual and badly wore. Deck won't hardly lift about 3".
Edited by chieffan, July 07, 2016 - 08:41 PM.