#1 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted July 07, 2016 - 02:44 PM

G14, pto long lever along steer tower. I don't have right and parts book no help, or manual I have. Not getting spring over pins in right places to get springyour action. Heres pix of what is now. Do I have to tension it too before pin in? Can just slip over pin to get it? Also not sure on nylon block. On right? Wants to slip off easy. Maybe lever just moves too far when no cover on tractor?

Attached Thumbnails

• 20160707_142959.jpg
  • 20160707_142948.jpg

• Sawdust and heliosuk have said thanks

#2 29 Chev OFFLINE  

29 Chev
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 63590
  • 3,105 Thanks
  • 1,196 posts

Posted July 07, 2016 - 03:08 PM

The spring should go similar to these pictures of the set up on my 1050 - the handle is different but the spring should work the same.  I would suggest you get it correct at the front and then rotate the spring at the rear with the rear roll pin sticking out about 1/8" above the top of the shaft and while holding the spring in the correct position press the rear roll pin up with a pair of vise grips to catch the spring tang.

Attached Thumbnails

• PTO Lever 1.jpg
  • PTO Lever 2.jpg
  • PTO Lever 3.jpg

• Bolens 1000, MailmAn, Sawdust and 1 other said thanks

#3 heliosuk OFFLINE  

heliosuk
  • Member No: 59196
  • 87 Thanks
  • 91 posts

Posted July 07, 2016 - 03:10 PM

Ah ha, not quite right. I have just rebuilt mine weekend just gone.

Order is roll pin through shaft, then the thin horizontal pin of the operating shaft and then the vertical tang of the shaft. I had to use vice grips to pretension the spring to get the end roll pin in.

See attached picture.

What I am never sure about is the correct orientation of the nylon block that fits over the thick horizontal pin and attaches the lever.

Attached Thumbnails

• WP_20160707_21_01_57_Pro1.jpg

• Bolens 1000, Sawdust and 29 Chev have said thanks

#4 heliosuk OFFLINE  

heliosuk
  • Member No: 59196
  • 87 Thanks
  • 91 posts

Posted July 07, 2016 - 03:13 PM

Chevs set up is different to my G14.

#5 CanadianHobbyFarmer OFFLINE  

CanadianHobbyFarmer
  • Member No: 73571
  • 939 Thanks
  • 596 posts

Posted July 07, 2016 - 06:38 PM

I just took these pictures for another member. This is a parts machine I picked up this past weekend, Parts I need I have already removed. The PTO assembly is a bit stiff, but everything seems to be there except the shift gate/ plate. The nylon block is already spoken for. If you see anything else you need, just let me know ( this offer applies to anyone who sees it). Yours for the cost of shipping. This is what the PTO lever assembly looks like on the G series machines ( and probably the H series, but I am guessing)

Jim

EDIT : GL. if you need a shot from a different angle, let me know. This is a mostly stripped frame at this point, it's pretty easy to flip it over to get a shot from underneath

Attached Thumbnails

• 005.jpg
  • 006.jpg
  • 007.jpg

Edited by CanadianHobbyFarmer, July 07, 2016 - 06:57 PM.

• Sawdust, heliosuk and 29 Chev have said thanks

#6 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,521 Thanks
  • 2,829 posts

Posted July 07, 2016 - 08:21 PM

Your spring is definitely not wound tight enough. Can you pull the rear pin & turn the spring maybe one turn at a time. Slide a small nail to hold it so you can test it.

#7 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted July 09, 2016 - 03:16 AM

Well, think looks like others here and on. Nylon block on, had to move lever in slots to stay over and in place. Just not understandin When or How spring does anything! Just holding pulleys and operating lever, get no spring action when should it do that? Maybe not right yet?

#8 29 Chev OFFLINE  

29 Chev
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 63590
  • 3,105 Thanks
  • 1,196 posts

Posted July 09, 2016 - 10:29 AM

Here is a picture of the correct way the spring should be as provided by CanadianHobbyFarmer as well as the original picture you posted that is not correct.  Note that the front roll pin on the shaft is located to the left of the horizontal roll pin that protrudes from the rear of the PTO control pivot and that the front tang of the spring is located to the right of the same roll pin.  When the PTO lever is in the off position the horizontal roll pin at the rear of the PTO control pivot applies pressure on the front roll pin located in the PTO control shaft to force the shaft to rotate counter clockwise moving the idler pulley away from the PTO belts.  When the PTO lever is moved to the on position the horizontal roll pin in the rear of the PTO control pivot applies pressure against the front tang of the spring causing it to rotate in a clockwise motion.  This motion is transferred along the coils of the spring causing the rear tang of the spring to press against the rear roll pin of the PTO control shaft.  This causes the shaft to rotate clockwise as well forcing the idler pulley to apply pressure against the belts.  The spring movement allows the PTO lever to complete the travel to the locked on position without putting excessive force on the belts. 

Attached Thumbnails

• Correct Picture.jpg
  • post-8360-0-81553000-1467920578.jpg

• MailmAn and Sawdust have said thanks

#9 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted July 10, 2016 - 10:43 AM

29, did see a pix above and had that roll pin on wrong side, changed that. Spring seemed to have some tension on it after fixing both ends. Lever moves the system now while all loose. Maybe just need to have together to check pressure or if working. Will be awhile for that. Leaving as I have for moment then.