I have an 11hp Briggs motor on a 1973 lawn tractor. The original 8hp motor was replaced with the 11hp by previous owner.
Engine number is 252707-0228-01 82031211.
Currently, the battery goes dead after awhile because I believe nothing is charging it.
There is a black wire coming out of the engine, near the starter - I believe it comes from the stator - that has a connector on it. Looks like a connector that would be in an inline fuse holder, but it goes no where. It's just hanging there.
Do I just need to get a 7 1/2 amp fuse, the other half of a fuse holder, and route that wire to the starter solenoid where the positive from the battery is connected so the battery charges?