4 replies to this topic

#1 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,135 Thanks
  • 4,487 posts

Posted July 05, 2016 - 04:18 PM

Des Moines, Iowa; Wheel Horse that looked average. Did not hear it run.  Guy has it that I bought a Bolens from.  Has 3 or 4 decks, 2 or 3 blades, etc. with the tractor.  PM me for his phone number.  Asking less than $500 for all.

• Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#2 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted July 05, 2016 - 04:24 PM

Old Horse, always a good buy!!  You don't say what model or anything, but most don't run that much money, depends on your "desire" to own it, I guess. Where's pictures, shame on you!

• chieffan said thank you

#3 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,135 Thanks
  • 4,487 posts

Posted July 05, 2016 - 06:37 PM

Old Horse, always a good buy!!  You don't say what model or anything, but most don't run that much money, depends on your "desire" to own it, I guess. Where's pictures, shame on you!

He said something about it being a ?17. Not at all familiar with the Wheel Horse line.  Didn't think of any pictures.  Had my good camera with me too.  My phone is for phone calls and that is all.  He is located down in a hole, trees on 3 sides and the road on the other.  Sun beating down and 95° when we loaded.  Kind of a dump if you ask me.  Lives in a 5th wheel camper tucked under the trees on the West side.  Seems like a good honest guy though.  He just went by the hood when he listed it.

• MH81 said thank you

#4 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted July 05, 2016 - 11:30 PM

Did it look like these?

417A, Hydro

EQ57258-0005-1402341169455.jpg

417-8, 8Speed

Wheel Horse 520H.JPG

Both had a Kohler KT-17 Series II

• chieffan said thank you

#5 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,135 Thanks
  • 4,487 posts

Posted July 06, 2016 - 06:46 AM

He didn't say if it was a hydro or a gear.  Was busy getting the Bolens off his trailer, turned to load on mine in 95° temp and down in a hole.  It was on the front of the trailer than the Bolens was on.  I wasn't interested so didn't pay much attention it.  He just mentioned it was for sale too, along with some decks leaning against a shed.  Had a blade behind it and he said had brackets and another blade with it.  It did look a lot like the one in the pic but no deck on it. If anyone is interested, I can pick it up and store it for a while under a roof for gas money.  It's about 100 miles away.

• Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: for sale