#1 MailmAn OFFLINE  

MailmAn
  • Member No: 10315
  • 292 Thanks
  • 723 posts

Posted July 05, 2016 - 03:25 PM

ROFLMFAO!!!  Gotta love some people...

http://www.ebay.com/...ct/162099864058

So, evidently the guy already stripped this poor tractor down, repainted it completely the wrong color with either the most leaky spray cans or a really bad paint brush (just look at all of the paint runs on the front of the hood/grille...  YIKES!!!), and then reassembled it wrong (I can't help but laugh at the foot rests being mounted upside down!).  You also have to love when people put in their auction listings, "would make a great restoration project for a collector" after they already butchered up the tractor so badly that there is nothing left there that a collector would possibly be interested in.  For instance, you can tell that this tractor obviously doesn't have the right engine in it any longer.  No idea what engine is in there now, but it is not the original Wisconsin engine that this tractor came with and looks much newer.

This whole tractor just screams CLUSTER#^*& and STAY AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE!!!  lol...  But hey, maybe that's just me and I'm overly pessimistic...  So, what do you all think?  "Nice Price" or "Crack Pipe" as far as this "beauty" goes?  lol...  Can the seller get the $250 he is asking for this nice project Bolens tractor?

Here are the pics from the auction listing:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1601.jpg

s-l1602.jpg

s-l1603.jpg

• Traill95 and chieffan have said thanks

#2 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted July 05, 2016 - 04:05 PM

Well, looks like Tech engine and could be correct to me. No gas tank on it like mine if was there??  Footrests upside down?  Don't think so? Obviously just painted everything in place trying to hide rust I guess, that Is quite a mess, look at wheels condition on that. A little high, but seems sound to start with. About what I always buy/get when I pick them up, heh!

• chieffan said thank you

#3 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,221 posts

Posted July 05, 2016 - 04:23 PM

It is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, looks like  solid machine other than the bad paint. that being said I have a 1050 here in much better shape that I cant seem to give away!!!!!

• boyscout862, MailmAn and chieffan have said thanks

#4 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,151 Thanks
  • 4,498 posts

Posted July 05, 2016 - 04:24 PM

At least it shouldn't rust for a while.  Can always sand blast it and start over.  That paint might be primer too??  If the engine runs and tranny is good, his price is a good place to start.  Can always come down but hard to go up.

Edited by chieffan, July 05, 2016 - 04:25 PM.

#5 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,151 Thanks
  • 4,498 posts

Posted July 05, 2016 - 04:27 PM

It is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, looks like  solid machine other than the bad paint. that being said I have a 1050 here in much better shape that I cant seem to give away!!!!!

Drop that 1050 on a fast moving freight going west, switch at Chicago to the BNSF and will pull it off when it goes by the house ! ! :thumbs:   :rolling:

• MailmAn said thank you

#6 29 Chev OFFLINE  

29 Chev
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 63590
  • 3,140 Thanks
  • 1,207 posts

Posted July 05, 2016 - 04:57 PM

If the transmission and rear end are in good shape and the three gear cluster is pristine it would probably be worth close to the asking price if someone needed a parts tractor for these items.  Not sure about it as a restoration tractor - who ever did the engine swap and paint job created a lot of extra work that would need to be cleaned up and undone to make it worth anything as a 1050 that could be made to look clean and correct - just my opinion.

• MailmAn said thank you

#7 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,685 Thanks
  • 17,204 posts

Posted July 05, 2016 - 07:23 PM

If its a 1050 Its got the wrong engine, also hope he has the rest of the clutch as the whole front bearing plate is gone!

Looks like he possibly started a tear down and got in over his head or broke something

• MailmAn said thank you

#8 Oldford OFFLINE  

Oldford
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 50409
  • 802 Thanks
  • 572 posts

Posted July 05, 2016 - 08:24 PM

Not a lot of old gt's in florida but just up the road from the ebay one is a nice HT20 snowblower for $100

http://orlando.craig...5629196540.html

Probably a hard sell down there...

#9 MailmAn OFFLINE  

MailmAn
  • 292 Thanks
  • 723 posts

Posted July 08, 2016 - 01:11 PM

If its a 1050 Its got the wrong engine, also hope he has the rest of the clutch as the whole front bearing plate is gone!

Looks like he possibly started a tear down and got in over his head or broke something

Good call, Doc...  Where did you see that the front bearing plate is missing in the picture though as I didn't even notice that?  Or are you just going by the position of the clutch pedal, which looks like it is already depressed all the way down and not attached to anything?

Edited by MailmAn, July 08, 2016 - 01:12 PM.

#10 MailmAn OFFLINE  

MailmAn
  • 292 Thanks
  • 723 posts

Posted July 08, 2016 - 01:19 PM

Not a lot of old gt's in florida but just up the road from the ebay one is a nice HT20 snowblower for $100

Yes, probably just a little bit...  Unless do they get any snow occasionally in northern Florida maybe?  Otherwise, yeah I'm not sure why this guy would have a snowblower for sale in Florida.  It also doesn't really look all THAT nice.  Sure, the paint and decals are still pretty nice on it (since it was probably never used), but it doesn't look complete to me either.  It looks like it is missing the mounting bracket to mount it to the tractor as well as the chute crank handle.  I think he would have a hard time selling it in Florida anyways, but he'll have an even tougher time getting $100 for that if it is not complete and usable as is.

#11 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• Member No: 4216
  • 1,735 Thanks
  • 2,250 posts

Posted July 08, 2016 - 02:07 PM

http://orlando.craig...5629196540.html

It clears hurricane garbage on the lawn away after the storm. :)

• MailmAn said thank you