Garden Tractor Forums banner

MTD 995 Yard-Man

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Rock farmer 
#1 ·
Just picked this up today.
It came with a mower deck, snow blower, wheel weights and chains, rear weight box and snow cab.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Grass Wood Gas Recreation Rectangle

Joe

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Where is the power plant? Real project to say the least for what I see but we all need one of those from time to time. Have one going myself in a Cub 1811 that need a motor. Have the donor tractor ready to go. Hydro will to go in the 1512. Wont be a lot of the 1810 left.

Reactions: boyscout862
#9 ·
It's BROKEN! Hope it was cheap! :smilewink: Yard Man, was thinking it was gonna be much newer looking, didn't know they went back that old. If you fix it up, you'll like it. Can't beat a neat 990 or 95 or whatever!
Actually, I have a good running MTD 995. It's an Agway GT 16. Same machine, came to me with just a mower deck.
So, all these attachments can go there!
If I can get this machine running, that would be a nice bonus! The previous owner passed away a short while ago.
Looks like he took it all apart to do new rings on it. I'm not sure if a Briggs twin is worth rebuilding or not.
But, I know the machine is worth re-powering!
The biggest challenge right now is getting the second wheel weight off.
It's held on with one last carriage bolt. The nut is so rusted that the head just spins. There are round holes in the rim.
Can't take the tire off because of the wheel weight!

I also have a MTD 990. Which also happens to be a Yard-Man!

Joe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.