#16 Cvans OFFLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,478 Thanks
  • 5,010 posts

Posted July 23, 2016 - 10:23 PM

I been trying to tell you people for years.  I'm more than just a pretty face - I'm clever too!.   :D

Hey there, don't give up on us.  :smilewink:

• Gtractor said thank you

#17 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,605 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted July 24, 2016 - 10:51 AM

After sitting overnight with fresh fuel, the carb works much better this morning.  Good ole ethanol cleaned it right up!  :smilewink:   Starts and runs on its own without any assistance.  The choke is needed every time to start even if already warmed up.  

I mowed for about 10 minutes.  The tractor vibrates terrible!   I have to lay my heels on the footboards and keep my toes up in the air.  It literally puts the feet to sleep quick.  Strange stuff!

Smoked like crazy at first but came out of it so I suppose the tractor [or at least the engine] has been turned over to access the under side at some recent point.  After running a while it cleared up and no smoke. 

I shut down to move my picnic table and some other lawn furniture because it kills the engine when I get off anyhow.  After moving said lawn "debris", the tractor fired right up but the deck won't come back on.  :wallbanging:   I unplugged the connection going to the electric clutch and hot wired the clutch.  Deck came on as it should but it spit out a metal pin that looks similar to a bolt without threads and a flat spot on one side.   Now the clutch spins until the electrical wires get pulled tight so I guess I know what the pin does, or did in this case. 

When running, the PTO clutch is shaking something awful.  Don't know if it has a malfunction or the crankshaft is bent that bad.  Its going to shake itself apart and very soon if it gets any more use.  Shame if the crank is bent because the engine sounds really good. I'm trying to decide if I want to invest enough time on it to remove the deck and figure out where the pin goes.

I was all excited when it started mowing this morning because my 1967 Gravely 424 [usual mower] is down because of as failed idler pulley and parts won't be in until Wednesday.  I just hate push mowing.....  

Edited by Gtractor, July 24, 2016 - 10:52 AM.

• Cvans said thank you

#18 Cvans OFFLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,478 Thanks
  • 5,010 posts

Posted July 24, 2016 - 11:31 AM

If it still shakes when the deck is not running  than I would say the crank or the pulley is suspect. 

• Gtractor and MH81 have said thanks

#19 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,605 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted July 24, 2016 - 05:19 PM

It vibrates any time its running and the bolt in the end of the crank that holds the clutch on is making little circles.  :(

I think the engine was dropped while it was off the tractor.  :(   :(   :(

#20 Cvans OFFLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,478 Thanks
  • 5,010 posts

Posted July 25, 2016 - 10:43 AM

Without taking the crank out of the engine I don't know what to tell you. Sometimes free is more work than it's worth I guess.  :mad2:

• Gtractor said thank you