• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,559 Thanks
  • 29,818 posts

Posted July 04, 2016 - 07:44 PM

Best to find a good used hydro unit.  You needn't buy an entire rear axle, but just the hydro/pump part.  Your input shaft is broken, and it's more than you need to attempt to repair yourself.  It's not that hard to swap out the pumps.

• Alc said thank you

#17 Diesel1050 ONLINE  

Diesel1050

Diesel Nut!

• Member No: 69580
  • 343 Thanks
  • 393 posts

Posted July 04, 2016 - 08:01 PM

I've got a hydro unit....

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

#18 Trav1s ONLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• Member No: 5472
  • 2,602 Thanks
  • 3,750 posts

Posted July 05, 2016 - 07:07 AM

I bet the pump twisted off like the pic I posted... and that is likely because of bad motor mounts.

• Alc said thank you

#19 M.Cain OFFLINE  

M.Cain
  • Member No: 68107
  • 185 Thanks
  • 158 posts

Posted July 06, 2016 - 04:26 PM

I bet its just a broken roll pin at the color before the  pump had it happen to me use a double wrapped roll pin to fix. Most likely  the hole in the driveshaft is a little sloppy not much meat on the on the shaft to drill for a bigger pin ether. But it will most likely get it going.

Edited by M.Cain, July 06, 2016 - 04:32 PM.

#20 Pastorsteve OFFLINE  

Pastorsteve
  • Member No: 83724
  • 12 Thanks
  • 22 posts

Posted July 07, 2016 - 07:52 PM

Well guys I got it going with much help from Trav1s. Thanks. Pin was sheared but wire was still in place and shaft turned as one by hand initialllly. the freewheeling valves were rusted solid because it sat in a garden for many weeks when it broke and the previous owner didn't move it.
Now the big issue is it ran well but with choke half on. It got worse till it needed full choke all the time and now it just starts and dies. Any suggestions? Carb rebuild, plugged fuel filter, bad gas, all of the above. Appreciate some direction on where to at least to begin.
Thanks in advance.

#21 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,559 Thanks
  • 29,818 posts

Posted July 07, 2016 - 08:34 PM

I would just go through the entire fuel system, starting at the fuel tank.  Make sure the tank is free of debris, and replace fuel lines if they look rough or have become stiff.  Replace fuel filter, check that fuel pump is working proper, then go through the carb, rebuilding if needed.  Likely best to put a rebuild kit in the carb, BUT cleaning & adjusting may be all that's needed.  Could be water in the fuel being the main culprit.

Glad it was just a sheared pin.  I didn't know these just used a roll pin in the driveshaft.