Back in March, we had some severe wind storms move through our area. In the process, the winds uprooted a 60 year old pine in my backyard, which made me call a tree service. Well, being that the part of the yard where the tree fell had more weeds and creeping charlie than there was grass, and then you add the very deep ruts from the tree service trucks, that part of the yard needed to be tilled. After it was tilled over a period of three weeks, I borrowed a neighbors 9 point harrow and proceeded to rework the soil and ready it for reseeding. Somewhere between the harrowing and pulling out an already exposed 9 foot long root ( I was pulling it by the 3" thick cut end), I tore the trans mounts and didn't know it until the past week when she quit moving while I was cutting grass. When I noticed the drive belt off, that's when I also noticed the canted trans and torn mounts. So I've posted photos of MY upgrade and setup for the future K66 trans upgrade. It took me 5 days from tear down to running again. That time included removal, measuring, sketching, drawing up the plans, gathering the materials; cutting drilling and mounting. I can guarantee that you will not see a stronger setup anywhere. You will notice that I also posted pics of the decimated mounts before and after removal. One more thing. As yo look at your trans mount, you'll notice that just the bolts go through the axle mounts. Nothing else is in place to equalize the torque or pressure in that area. So if you look closely at the photo of the right rear, you'll notice the plate I made under the axle end to trap the axle assembly between this plate and the trans mount for added stability and strength.
Edited by Charles G. Van De Sampel, June 30, 2016 - 10:14 PM.