• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,300 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted June 30, 2016 - 10:31 PM

Nice look on the stack and a great upgrade on the blades.
You might consider a support for the stack, guys have broken the exhaust area casting on the engine with a stack and a low hanging branch.
  • Bluenoser said thank you

#17 Bluenoser OFFLINE  

Bluenoser
  • Member No: 82245
  • 65 Thanks
  • 35 posts

Posted June 30, 2016 - 10:48 PM

Thanks, I do have a temporary piece of scrap metal that's bolted to the frame at the base of the grill and clamped to the main pipe coming out but I do want to fab something better, soon as I figure out how I want it to be. When I replace the grill I'm probably going to re route the exhaust back some to avoid cutting into it as the previous owner did so I don't want anything permanent until I get to that point.

Edited by Bluenoser, June 30, 2016 - 10:51 PM.

• MH81 said thank you

#18 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,157 Thanks
  • 4,503 posts

Posted July 01, 2016 - 07:08 AM

I'd never let him on it while operating.

Great way to go.  Seen to many people mowing with a 2-3 yo on their lap.  Glad to know your a lot smarter than they are.  Have a great day.

• propane1 and Bluenoser have said thanks

#19 tiretrx OFFLINE  

tiretrx

Village Idiot

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8012
  • 933 Thanks
  • 679 posts

Posted July 01, 2016 - 07:30 AM

Stack looks great. Fits the machine.

Always good to see the young ones involved, and learning too :thumbs:

• Bluenoser said thank you

#20 Bluenoser OFFLINE  

Bluenoser
  • Member No: 82245
  • 65 Thanks
  • 35 posts

Posted July 01, 2016 - 08:33 PM

Did some mowing today and the new blades cut great. Do need to fab up a better support for the stack as I'm not %100 trusting off the temp job I did on it. 

• MH81 and propane1 have said thanks

#21 jwnge OFFLINE  

jwnge
  • Member No: 83806
  • 3 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted July 07, 2016 - 09:41 PM

I think it is great to get the kids involved, so much better than nose stuck in a game boy or phone and I can't wait to get my 1650 running again. Nice tractor you have there.

• ENafziger, propane1 and Bluenoser have said thanks

#22 rustyoldjunk OFFLINE  

rustyoldjunk

Has anybody seen my coffee ?

• Member No: 325
  • 2,368 Thanks
  • 1,212 posts

Posted July 13, 2016 - 10:39 PM

Cardinal Sin.  You don't carry kids on a piece of equipment, including a tractor.  Please stay safe.

Well....I was driving our big farm tractors on the adults laps by the time I was 6-7 and driving them on my own by 8-10 years old. I was also riding my dirtbikes all over including to the country stores (along with a few friends and their bikes. I was on my grandfathers lap steering his car at low speeds by the time I was 7-8. My grandkids and my youngest daughter not only ride with me on the tractors but in the trailers too and sometimes they drive them. I try to keep minibikes,trikes and go karts around to start the kids on too. If I'm not careful I may have my youngest driving a semi by the time shes 12. (my oldest is 27,my youngest 6). The difference between today and decades past is people were expected to be responsible for their own safety and the safety of the kids. To use their own common sense. Todays generation is like a herd of sheep that expects the government to tell them what is safe and what the proper and safe way to do things is,they expect the government to be sure that we are only sold safe things to use and if we get hurt it isn't our fault or responsibility. I do agree there are a lot of people who shouldn't even use power equipment in todays society though......OK rant over before I get myself in any more trouble than I'm already in... 

• shorty and ENafziger have said thanks