unknown mower deck

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 hardek OFFLINE  

• Member No: 3191
  • 3 Thanks
  • 17 posts

Posted May 15, 2011 - 10:48 AM

Hello IH fans. I bought an old craftsman tractor last fall, the guy threw in a mower deck he thought should fit it. After I got it home I found that no way would this deck fit without major surgery. There are two labels on it saying International Harvestor. The deck looks in pretty good cond. With the blades only needing sharpening or replacement. Can anyone tell me the aprox. age and tractor model this would attach to. Thanks Harry
Btw I don't need this deck so anyone know it's value.IMG00007.jpg

#2 olcowhand ONLINE  

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,251 Thanks
  • 29,700 posts

Posted May 15, 2011 - 10:55 AM

Never seen an IH deck like that one before. Wish I could help.

#3 jpcubs OFFLINE  

• Member No: 196
  • 5 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted May 24, 2011 - 05:07 AM

How wide is the deck an can you read the numbers on the plate If it is a narrow deck it probly fits on a cadet. The attachment brackets are not like any of mine for the cubcadets. If it has IHC name on it would have to be before 1981. IHC sold out to MTD then or there about I have seen 82 an 83 stuff with IHC on it. I think there were some front mounted blade mowers made in canada
so you mite have an oddity

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,248 Thanks
  • 15,613 posts

Posted May 24, 2011 - 05:16 AM

With how narrow that deck is and the mounting points I am going to say it belongs on one of the RER's. I wouldn't know what model though. It definitely isn't for an Original because those decks had square corners.

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,342 Thanks
  • 1,456 posts

Posted May 24, 2011 - 08:53 PM

I think NUTNDUN has it right. The drive belt is routed towards the back and looks like it should go that way judging by the belt keepers on the top pulley. Another clue is that the back of the mower deck is all oily from a Rear Engine Rider. If it would be from one of the smaller lawn tractors like a 282 or 382 it would likely be oily on the leading edge of the deck not the back. I would say it's from the fiberglass bodied lineup like a Cadet 60, 75, 85.