#1 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,629 Thanks
  • 2,586 posts

Posted June 28, 2016 - 07:57 PM

is giving me fits !!!!!!!   I got this LT second hand. It had the wrong deck belt on it. The problem was (is) that the blades run all the time. No matter if the PTO lever is engaged or not. It seems that the cable and spring are hooked in the wrong place. Looking at videos on YT and the TB site it appears to be hooked in the right spot. I'm at my wits end at this point. I just can't run it that way. Any of you guys that have an idea how to correct this I would greatly appreciate them. It bothers me that I have to stop the tractor shut it off to remove something in my way then get back on and start it again and move on. Thanks in advance.                                            Roger

#2 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,663 Thanks
  • 6,480 posts

Posted June 28, 2016 - 08:28 PM

Is this the later models that have a cable up to dash for mower engage, and you don't take cable off when putting on snow-blower, but just tuck it up under tractor till needed?  I played with one once.  There are a couple of adjustments on that cable, down at deck AND, up under dash area if I recall. Sounds to me like too tight to begin with. OR, just have too small of belt??  Have you found if it is correct belt?  There are manuals to find on the Toro site that are download-able and pretty good.

• hamman said thank you

#3 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

• Contributor
  • 5,629 Thanks
  • 2,586 posts

Posted June 28, 2016 - 08:32 PM

Is this the later models that have a cable up to dash for mower engage, and you don't take cable off when putting on snow-blower, but just tuck it up under tractor till needed?  I played with one once.  There are a couple of adjustments on that cable, down at deck AND, up under dash area if I recall. Sounds to me like too tight to begin with. OR, just have too small of belt??  Have you found if it is correct belt?  There are manuals to find on the Toro site that are download-able and pretty good.

It's a 2008 and it has the PTO lever on the right fender. I really didn't want this but I was helping a friend out when she moved. It has been a pain since she bought it. I just need to see a pic of how the cable and spring hook onto the deck to make sure I have it in the right place. I just can't see any other place to hook it. The spring actually hooks on the idler pulley bracket. I might have it hooked on the wrong bracket.  Thanks                                                                          Roger

#4 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

• Contributor
  • 5,629 Thanks
  • 2,586 posts

Posted June 28, 2016 - 08:40 PM

I'm wondering if there is a cable adjustment on the lever end that would let a little more slack in the cable. It just seems way to tight when I attach it with the pto lever disengaged. I will have to raise the rear of it with the chain fall to see if there is something there.                                                                                Roger

#5 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,115 Thanks
  • 3,206 posts

Posted June 28, 2016 - 08:46 PM

I know nuthing about that tractor, but, are the belt guides in place and adjusted so the belt pushes away from the pully when disengaged. Guides are not only for keeping the belt on. They help push the belt ahead from the pully, so it's disengaged.

Noel.
  • hamman said thank you