4 replies to this topic

#1 fonz3482 ONLINE  

fonz3482

Tractorholic

• Member No: 84
  • 765 Thanks
  • 590 posts

Posted June 28, 2016 - 04:25 PM

Well as stated above, I picked up a g14 with mower deck to add to my collection. It is in need of some repairs, and isn't currently running, but I do have a parts g14 i'm hoping to snag most of my parts from. The previous owner said he was mowing with it when he heard a bunch of noise and then the tractor died. After further investigation he found that the pto belt blew apart and took out the starter solenoid and a few wires. He said at that point he gave up on repairing the tractor because he had just spent money replacing the gear box on the mower deck, and he didn't want to put anymore money into the tractor because his dad lived next store and had a brand new zero turn. So he just uses the zero turn to mow now and the Bolens sat in his barn for a year before he decided to let it go for the money he had invested in the mower deck gear box. So I'm pretty happy, but I'm hoping the motor does run and runs without issues. My question is, how can I jump the starter to fire the tractor just to hear it run before I start fixing it up?? If someone could help me out with that, I'd greatly appreciate it! Enjoy the pictures!

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg
  • image.jpg

• Bolens 1000 and Bolens800uk have said thanks

#2 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,680 Thanks
  • 17,200 posts

Posted June 28, 2016 - 04:53 PM

Another great addition to your growing collection :D

A lead can be taken from the battery directly to the starter post to turn the engine over.

#3 fonz3482 ONLINE  

fonz3482

Tractorholic

• 765 Thanks
  • 590 posts

Posted June 29, 2016 - 02:47 AM

I have a feeling if my collection continues to grow, My wife is gonna grow me a new residence in the camper! :D  But honestly I couldn't believe how well she took the news of this purchase, It was kinda scary!   She's taking the fun out of it. I used to enjoy making up reasons and stories of why I needed to buy the next tractor for my collection, and it was always fun trying to sell the purchase to her. But nothing from her yesterday when I told her about the G14.  On that note, I'm not sure she's gonna enjoy the next purchase I have lined up, But if she does, I'm thinking shes got something big she wants up her sleeve.  I better go lock up all the credit cards now!! :hitting_self_roller:

Edited by fonz3482, June 29, 2016 - 02:49 AM.

• Sawdust said thank you

#4 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,481 Thanks
  • 4,633 posts

Posted June 29, 2016 - 03:58 AM

fonz3482, on 29 Jun 2016 - 03:47 AM, said:fonz3482, on 29 Jun 2016 - 03:47 AM, said:

... But if she does, I'm thinking shes got something big she wants up her sleeve.  I better go lock up all the credit cards now!! :hitting_self_roller:

On a vintage tractor site I have been known to frequent, that is known as the SET:

SET – Spousal Equity Tax. If you’re lucky, it only amounts to 100 percent of the cost of whatever it was you bought without SWMBO’s blessing. Usually in the form of new furniture, carpets, a complete remodel, or even a new house

Edited by OldBuzzard, June 29, 2016 - 03:58 AM.

#5 fonz3482 ONLINE  

fonz3482

Tractorholic

• 765 Thanks
  • 590 posts

Posted June 29, 2016 - 04:26 AM

On a vintage tractor site I have been known to frequent, that is known as the SET:

SET – Spousal Equity Tax. If you’re lucky, it only amounts to 100 percent of the cost of whatever it was you bought without SWMBO’s blessing. Usually in the form of new furniture, carpets, a complete remodel, or even a new house

Oh boy! She's been bugging me for a bigger house, but most of her choices have been promptly declined by me because they don't have a proper size garage to house all my toys :thumbs: I need a house with at least 2 acres, and a 40'x60' garage or steel building.  She doesn't like my requirements, but I'm not moving into something that doesn't suit me.  or with less land, space for my hobbies and toys and then paying more money for it too.