• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,686 posts

Posted July 03, 2016 - 05:37 PM

With the model #, you might have luck looking here to find the size.

#17 SC Farmer OFFLINE  

SC Farmer
  • Member No: 78769
  • 227 Thanks
  • 150 posts

Posted September 26, 2016 - 03:25 PM

Haven't posted on this Cadet 60 in a while.  Done some work on it over the summer (too hot in the barn for much).  Got the carb apart and rebuilt.  Installed a new battery and the carb, added a little gas, new fuel lines and - voila! It started! Needs some adjusting and a governor linkage, but there's HOPE!  

More when I get 'er running around the yard...

Edited by SC Farmer, September 26, 2016 - 03:25 PM.

• Dane in PA said thank you

#18 SC Farmer OFFLINE  

SC Farmer
  • Member No: 78769
  • 227 Thanks
  • 150 posts

Posted October 24, 2016 - 03:11 PM

Okay, got the little mower up and running! I took it out of the barn, got about 20 feet and the VERY rusty chain broke! Did some research and found a modern chain that is very close to the OEM one, so I bought it and installed it, after pulling the rear axle and differential.  Figured I might as well do that while getting the chain together.  I disassembled the quite unusual rear bearings (they remind me of the old grease cups found on antique disk harrows) and cleaned out what was probably remnants of the original bearing grease and refilled them, so those should turn a bit easier now.  Anyway, once the axle, chain, and wheels were back on, I fired it up and rode it around the yard!  No mowing yet - that's for next spring, but it was fun knowing this was probably the first driving it's had in 5-10 years.  Very cool.

Now it gets put away for a while.  I have to finish my CC 106 refresh, but then I'll disassemble the 60 down to the frame and refresh it.  Gotta love those fall and winter projects!

Attached Thumbnails

• 119.JPG

Edited by SC Farmer, October 24, 2016 - 03:12 PM.

• propane1 and Mark 149 J. have said thanks