• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SNUFFY OFFLINE  

SNUFFY
  • Member No: 47170
  • 184 Thanks
  • 267 posts

Posted June 27, 2016 - 09:04 AM

With my newly acquired project ongoing, I thought I`d ask the question while here. I really don`t need another mower...got 3 too many now !! Plus a bush hog and finish mower for my Fords.  The one on my 2414 appears to all be there except for center pulley shroud...If I keep this it will be for garden work not mowing, I think it is a 48 inch.

Is there much need/demand for them and what would it be worth in good working condition. I`m going to pull it off next and really hate to see it sit out in the weather and would like to get rid of it.

#2 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • Member No: 62466
  • 995 Thanks
  • 824 posts

Posted June 27, 2016 - 01:49 PM

Hi Snuffy there seems to be some demand for the PK decks but there are a couple of different models, the older models are what are call fabricated meaning they are flat steel welded and the newer ones a stamped steel. As for value that seems to vary as to the area of the country but to hazard a guess & this is a guess about $300.00 + or - again depending on condition and including the hitch/mule drive. The consensus is that the 48" decks do a nicer job mowing. Hope this helps some

#3 SNUFFY OFFLINE  

SNUFFY
  • Member No: 47170
  • 184 Thanks
  • 267 posts

Posted June 28, 2016 - 06:38 AM

I`m assuming this one is a `74 model to match the tractor....no too sure though. It appears to be a heavier gauge than the stamped ones you see on newer machines. Your pricing seems to be in line with ebay stuff.

Thanks for info !