GTpicker01

GT Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 42575
  • 579 Thanks
  • 518 posts

Posted June 27, 2016 - 08:58 AM

Hey Everyone!

I purchased this bad boy at the annual wheel horse show and if you like wheel horses at all then you definitely need to check this show out sometime! This 753 has the HY-2 Hydraulics on it and I have had people tell me that there is no way the 753 came original with the HY-2 and it should be a HY-3 and I have a mismatch of parts....well if that the case I would argue that the dealer that sold this tractor did the mismatching because the patina of the hydraulics matches the rest of the tractor...anyway. I have seen a few 753's with the HY-2. It also has what is left of HL-22 lights. I can see a place on the right side of the tractor where the light switch bracket was bolted. Don't know if I want to try and locate HL-22 lights or weld up the holes and forget it. It has the 702 switch bracket on it  that i will probably eliminate and put the push button and switch where they are supposed to go on the left side of the tractor. The tractor runs but not great...needs a little electrical work done and it smokes on start up pretty good. I found a shield at the show for the hydraulic unit and got an original air cleaner assembly for it as well. Initially i want to get this thing running good and mow some grass with it. I know the deck isn't original but when I restore it I will probably get rid of the deck anyway. I have never had a roundhood like this as I have only had small RJ's and Suburbans. Look it over and let me know if there is anything else I'm missing! I'm excited about this restoration!

I also got some parts for my 1076 at the show including a spare hydro transmission, a hood, and a fan cover.

Mike

20160625_090605.jpg 20160625_090617.jpg 20160626_205703.jpg 20160626_205730.jpg 20160626_205747.jpg 20160626_205822.jpg 20160626_205831.jpg 20160626_205846.jpg

• Alc, CRFarnsworth and boyscout862 have said thanks

#2 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted June 27, 2016 - 01:08 PM

I don't know the older models. Looks pretty complete and I like the changes. What's wrong with deck?  Looks like Horse rear discharge?  I think it looks fine on there, AND, how you gonna mow with it if you take it off?  You stated wanted to mow! :smilewink: Lights out there, never look right, but is way they were. Those other smaller ones on the V-shaped bracket to frame are kinda neat looking, think those were on smaller older ones tho, correct?

#3 GTpicker01 OFFLINE  

GTpicker01

GT Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 42575
  • 579 Thanks
  • 518 posts

Posted June 27, 2016 - 01:38 PM

I don't know the older models. Looks pretty complete and I like the changes. What's wrong with deck?  Looks like Horse rear discharge?  I think it looks fine on there, AND, how you gonna mow with it if you take it off?  You stated wanted to mow! :smilewink: Lights out there, never look right, but is way they were. Those other smaller ones on the V-shaped bracket to frame are kinda neat looking, think those were on smaller older ones tho, correct?

Nothing wrong with the deck, the earlier horses came with a square deck rather than the rounded one. Most normal horses with lights came with the HL-5 lights that are on the v shaped bracket as you said. If my memory serves me correctly these were a cheaper alternative to the HL-5. These were almost all plastic and are known for their poor quality.