Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

7016 wiring diagram, not just pix of harness!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted June 25, 2016 - 09:28 PM

Engine in tractor, hooked some wires up as where they layed, but have a few loose ends. The key does not work either, so not right somewhere. I can't find a diagram in the books, just stupid pictures of the harness all wrapped and maybe some ends marked as to where they go, but no diagram and colors or nothing.  Not looking in right manual?? I have looked at several on here, just to see what might be in them.  Printed a few pix that might help, not sure yet. Only one I found was on a manual version, close, but not the same. Much simpler and missing a circuit board and some items. You know, just realized I did not try pedals for safety switches and such, wonder if that is any problem?? Have about three wires on this rig that I haven't found what they were for yet. One is pretty big, bet a main feed? 

#2 classic ONLINE  

classic
  • Member No: 52970
  • 3,446 Thanks
  • 1,597 posts

Posted June 25, 2016 - 09:58 PM

This is for an early 7016H. Would this help GL? What is the manufacturer number of your tractor?
http://simpletractor...&TOPIC_ID=16727
  • drbish, glgrumpy and boyscout862 have said thanks

#3 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,372 Thanks
  • 39,644 posts

Posted June 26, 2016 - 06:51 AM

This manual has a diagram for a 7016H on page 37.

• drbish, glgrumpy and classic have said thanks

#4 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted June 26, 2016 - 08:21 AM

Classic and Kenny, those had it. Was that on site Kenny?  Thought I had looked at all here and don't recall that one!  Much clearer and better info than others on here.  Classic, have never been to the Simple site, maybe should join too.  Simple needs to be taken out of that tractor name, seem complicated to me to work on, ha! 

• classic said thank you

#5 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,372 Thanks
  • 39,644 posts

Posted June 26, 2016 - 08:39 AM

Classic and Kenny, those had it. Was that on site Kenny?  Thought I had looked at all here and don't recall that one!  Much clearer and better info than others on here.  Classic, have never been to the Simple site, maybe should join too.  Simple needs to be taken out of that tractor name, seem complicated to me to work on, ha! 

Yep! Daniel uploaded it. It's in the Simplicity Manuals section.

• classic said thank you

#6 classic ONLINE  

classic
  • Member No: 52970
  • 3,446 Thanks
  • 1,597 posts

Posted June 26, 2016 - 10:10 AM

I just Google it grumpy and that's what came up, so I attached the link to my post for ya. I guess the simple tractors were only simple on the early models. There isn't much wiring on the old ones to make things confusing.

#7 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted June 26, 2016 - 06:33 PM

Well, went out and changed wire from Feild to Batt on gen, then the smaller one not connected went to the Feild terminal.  Just a note, this manual did NOT show with a starter/gen, but was close on most of other stuff. Changed the selinoid too, one was in parts pail, and it worked with key then, so guess orig was shot. Then no shut-down with key. Found wire off it, and cut at engine. Hooked it back to key, then jumped to engine to test, but was shorted in all key positions, guess that is why was off?  SO, made a new line from engine up to dash, put in a PK switch (improvement) for a kill switch, works good now. I DO NOT have gen charging. I tried the polarizing thing, no good unless I did wrong. The regulator is way up under dash, behind batt when in, and all rusty. Could be that or terminals?? Not sure. Everything on this tractor is rusty/stuck. Must have set outside.  I've been PB Blasting, oiling and greasing about any joint I see on it and it is getting better at least on most items.  Darn thing starts and drives now. No wires for the lights. I found a red wire that just seems hot all the time, manual said to be on the postive side of selinoid, so that is where it went, no issues that I could tell, just not sure what it is for?? Light switch in dash has feed, but other wire missing, might try to run one and see if anything happens on that. Darn engine is making clattery noise now, thinking it is the valves. It does not do all the time, and stronger at diff times, and speeds, not sure what is issue?? I did not mess with clearance while on bench, not sure how done at moment anyway. Think it involves grinding a valve end to fit?? So if too big, then new valve needed?  There was a valve in the bucket of parts, not sure if diff one or changed by PO?