impliments deck muledrive

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 secondtry OFFLINE  

• Member No: 83632
  • 259 Thanks
  • 246 posts

Posted June 24, 2016 - 11:29 PM

First post hear and very glad to find this site. Recently brought home a model 91725191 tractor with a snow thrower as the only implement. I am sure this tractor is capable of much more than clearing snow. the serial # is 1597BO5973. I would be very grateful for any information about how to identify the deck, mule drive, hitch and other implement parts that will fit this machine. I just talked to a man who has some adds on craigslist. He says his father retired as a ford mechanic and started playing with garden tractors to pass the time. The father has passed now and the son has a pile of parts to dispose of. I will go tomorrow morning to look but having never been around one of these machines before last Friday I expect identifying useful parts to be a real challenge. I am positive there be gold in them thare hills but will i recognize it. Please Help. In a month I will be pounding my head on a wall saying I should have.          THANK YOU Don in Washington.

#2 glgrumpy ONLINE  

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,484 Thanks
  • 6,362 posts

Posted June 25, 2016 - 03:10 AM

Best to find your models manuals. Searsparts.Com may have printable ones to get, or right here in files. Attachments may have own manuals once you find info for which one needed, maybe in owners mans? Take copies along, compare pix.
  • secondtry said thank you

#3 KennyP OFFLINE  

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 27,617 Thanks
  • 38,996 posts

Posted June 25, 2016 - 04:35 AM

:wave: Welcome to the forum. That would be a 1976 18/6 Twin model. Some pics of it would help figure out what all the tractor has.

Here's the manual. It says 1977. This site says 1976.

• boyscout862 and secondtry have said thanks

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 26,667 Thanks
  • 28,317 posts

Posted June 25, 2016 - 05:41 AM

Ah yes, the illusive 18/6
Good tractor, smoooooth engine.
Expensive engine to repair, so keep up on maintenance.

The attachments for this are findable. You will mainly be looking for stuff that works with the Suburban and ST series of tractors.
First things I would locate are a usable deck and a heavy duty three point.
Here is a pretty comprehensive pictorial list of attachments that Kenny put together.
Here is an interchange list (I've never had to use it, so don't ask how to use it or how accurate it is)

Ask questions, post pics, and above all else... Have Fun.

Thanks for joining Don, :welcometogttalk:
  • boyscout862 and secondtry have said thanks

#5 secondtry OFFLINE  

• 259 Thanks
  • 246 posts

Posted June 25, 2016 - 09:19 AM

I appreciate the replies. After I got all signed up and signed in I found the manual in group files. I will download the files linked by boyscout862, hopefully save to my laptop. Then it's off to forage for parts and implements for the day. Wish me luck.  Thanks again Don in Washington state 

#6 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,118 Thanks
  • 5,668 posts

Posted June 25, 2016 - 09:25 AM

:welcometogttalk: :camera:

#7 secondtry OFFLINE  

• 259 Thanks
  • 246 posts

Posted June 26, 2016 - 11:50 PM

Got a 48" deck with all the hangars and mule drive. Needs at least 2 spindle bearings. Should get blasted, the deck not me. I have to develop a shopping list, many of the bolts are incorrect. I don't know how to grade carriage bolts. I know in my area grade 2 are widely available. I have no idea what grade the bolts on these  decks might be. Or even if they are all the same grade.  Of course it will need new belts. Some of the bolt holes are rusted out and need repair. Dose anyone know what paint is a good color match       Thanks Don 

• MH81 and KennyP have said thanks