#1 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted June 24, 2016 - 01:17 PM

7016 hydro with Briggs. Need to choose joint to engine. Have 4 metal ends, 2 plastic discs in parts pail. Think too many, have to pick right one for engine. Shouldn't there be rubber discs too? Fella has tiller, maybe some joints for that? Need to download man's I guess. What two orange parts?

Attached Thumbnails

• 20160624_135038.jpg
  • 20160624_135019.jpg
  • 20160624_135117.jpg

• hamman said thank you

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,355 Thanks
  • 39,630 posts

Posted June 24, 2016 - 02:26 PM

I know they used the plastic discs instead of rubber ones at each end of the drive shaft. One metal part on the hydro, one on engine. Looks like you have 5 of those as there is one on the plastic disk.

• hamman said thank you

#3 wbakunis OFFLINE  

wbakunis
  • Member No: 75555
  • 145 Thanks
  • 142 posts

Posted June 24, 2016 - 03:26 PM

I've been using a plastic disc on one side and a metal disc on the other. I wouldn't trust rag joints even if it was fresh / new. Too much of a chance that the rag joint tears and the shaft loosens up. Had that happen with my 64 LandLord.

#4 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted June 24, 2016 - 05:21 PM

Had to go look at stuff again after saying 5 there. Disc just had some bolts in it, no adapter.  I have a short 3/4" stub sticking out on flywheel end of engine with a start/gen pulley there, two bolts can go there. BUT, none of these adapters have a hole on that side of it to slip on the engine shaft. Then it it was that way, not sure how it would fasten to it anyway. All the other holes on what is there are too big, some have splines in them. Gotta see if in manual....manual...manual.

#5 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted June 24, 2016 - 05:55 PM

OK, printed up manual. Shows NO adapter used on engine end. Just that plastic disc and two spacers and direct to shaft end then. Can't believe those plastic links are that good, blows my mind. One thing though is the discs at each end have diff part numbers???  Don't see where they would be diff, mayne in size of the bolts on two of the four holes maybe?? Weird. Now hope the two spacers are in that pail of bolts/parts. Will look later, rest time b4 work now!

• MH81 said thank you

#6 classic ONLINE  

classic
  • Member No: 52970
  • 3,446 Thanks
  • 1,597 posts

Posted June 24, 2016 - 10:19 PM

Those plastic discs are far stronger than you think. I have a 16 HP Briggs in a '65 Allis Big Ten with the plastic discs at both ends of the drive shaft. I've plowed heavy snow with weights and chains, and hauled heavy loads of firewood and the discs hold up fine. If you don't find the spacers, just mount the drive shaft to the trans and mount the other disc to the front of the drive shaft. Take a measurement for the size spacers that you need and you may find some at a hardware store. If you can find spacers that are a little too short, you can add a washer or two to take up the space.You should be able to slide the coupling for the rear disc on the transmission shaft to give you some space, or move the drive shaft assembly closer to the engine.Leave the motor mount bolts loose and snug up the drive shaft bolts. Make sure that the motor mount bolts don't bind in the frame, since you don't want to put stress on the discs. Make sure that you first tighten all disc bolts, front and rear first. Then tighten the engine mounting bolts, and then lock down the coupling on the transmission shaft. This will insure that you are not pushing or pulling on the plastic discs.
  • KennyP and wbakunis have said thanks

#7 ACmowerguy OFFLINE  

ACmowerguy
  • Member No: 67204
  • 290 Thanks
  • 289 posts

Posted June 24, 2016 - 11:32 PM

Your "four metal ends" are blade adapters for push mowers. The  orange pulley assembly is from a Simplicity Broadmoor 6hp 707, or 717 as well as the other orange part, it is the rear hitch for the same machine. Oh and the plastic disc on the left, the holes are egged out. Don't use it, it may be close to a point of failure.

Edited by ACmowerguy, June 24, 2016 - 11:35 PM.

• MH81, jpackard56 and wbakunis have said thanks

#8 drbish ONLINE  

drbish

Collecter

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2544
  • 1,154 Thanks
  • 1,156 posts

Posted June 25, 2016 - 10:14 AM

This may help.Section C out of repair manual
tablecon.jpg
Attached File  simpen.pdf   4.77MB   32 downloads
  • KennyP said thank you

#9 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted June 25, 2016 - 09:19 PM

Dr, Bish, thanks, that is about what I had to connect. The joint lined all up with no pulling as I had engine in the frame, still loose. Engine last part to bolt down. I have had running some and driving now. Wiring is not right, still have some loose ends with no ideas for them?? Key don't work, been jumping with battery box. I can't find a wiring diagram like I want for t his model. Found one for Manual model, and even tho close, not same. Ones in right manuals just show the assembly and maybe SOME ends, but no wire tracts and colors or nothing, kinda dumb. I see a little in your manual about disconnecting wires with pix, may look and see if any help. There's too many just BLACK wires on this thing. Have seen some with little dot marks and easier to find at other end then.

#10 skunkhome OFFLINE  

skunkhome

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8044
  • 322 Thanks
  • 455 posts

Posted July 01, 2016 - 06:48 PM

The propeller shaft should have "t" on each end and there should be only one saddle to be used on the BGB shaft.