Definitely sounds like the valves

#17 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,147 Thanks
  • 4,491 posts

Posted August 13, 2016 - 10:44 AM

Had both valves rebuilt.  One was shooting oil out the top so sent it back.  Got it back in yesterday and no more oil spray.  It worked good after driving it 1/4 mile up the road up a hill. Coming back down it worked OK.  Went out and mowed later and after about 30 min. or running it was back to the free wheeling again.  This morning I got to looking at the other rear end real close.  The pin that rides in the slot to control the shaft rotation is wore just a little and has some free play when in the curved slot.  Going to braze it up in the wore places and then dress it down to where it fits snug in the slot.  Switch those two parts over to the running tractor and see what happens.  Not much play between the pin and the slot, maybe a few thousands but guess it don't take much.

Trunnion Plates.JPG   Trunnion Pin-2.JPG   Trunnion Pin-1.JPG

#18 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,147 Thanks
  • 4,491 posts

Posted August 13, 2016 - 04:49 PM

That didn't help any.  There is a narrow place in that slot right at the neutral arrow.  Fit the pin for snug movement through that area.  Didn't make any difference.  I think I have a bad pump.  Deck lift is slow in my opinion so I think the pump may be the main cause.  Funny I would get two tractors in a row with a week pump?  1512 and a 1810.