Posted June 22, 2016 - 10:12 AM

Those little carbs really suck

• propane1 said thank you

#17 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,048 Thanks
  • 4,978 posts

Posted June 22, 2016 - 12:09 PM

I never fight a weedeater...I buy those cheapos at walmart for 69.99 and use them for a few years, and when they need serviced, or don't start, I throw them away, and buy another. 

My last one lasted from 2007 to 2015.  Never cleaned the air filter, never drained the gas out of it, never cleaned it, never adjusted anything.  The only thing I did was pour questionable ratio 2 stroke fuel in it(I just pour gas in the tank, put a dab or 3 of 2 stroke oil in the tank, shake the weedeater), put string on it, and run it. 

The fuel line from the tank to the carb rotted off.  It was molded into the tank.  New tank was 29.99 on the interwebs.  I threw it in the trash pile, and bought a new craftsman that I despise!  (paid 99.99 for this one)  Although last weekend was the first time I used it this season, and before I even pulled on it I threatened to smash it all over the yard if it didn't start right.  Primed it a few times, choke, 3 pulls, she fired, moved to half choke, pulled 3 times, and it took off.  I was pleased.

• propane1 said thank you

#18 Cat385B OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,342 Thanks
  • 8,688 posts

Posted June 22, 2016 - 12:28 PM

What about something for the shade tree mechanic? Got any suggestions for something that would run off D-cell batteries?