#16 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,073 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted May 16, 2011 - 07:17 PM

Thanks for all the kind replies.I had thought of painting it the same as the Ranger but seeing that the swather canvas is black I'am just painting the frame work black to match the canvas.I'am kinda unsure of how good the canvas would hold the paint because its always flexing[kinda think it would peel] I'll add a heater for winter sometime. As for A/C with the front and rear windows open and doors off for summer I think it'll be fine,and if I really need to be using A/C then its time to sit in the house with the A/C on.LOL Trade secrets I have none just just think about what I want it to look like and be like and then start.I was going to paint the doors today but it was way to windy. Once I get it done I'll snap some pics and post what it looks like completed.Larry

#17 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted May 20, 2011 - 03:19 PM

I have nothing to add except to say that I, too, thought it looked like a factory cab! Very nice work Larry!

:ditto:Larry it looks great !!!!

#18 Orangeman05 OFFLINE  

Orangeman05

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 917
  • 16 Thanks
  • 67 posts

Posted May 21, 2011 - 11:04 AM

Wow... That is an awe inspiring fabrication job! That cab will long outlast anything from the factory. Matt

#19 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,073 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted June 04, 2011 - 12:22 PM

I finally finished the cab.I had the door upper windows cut the other day and installed them yesterday.The front windshield is laminate glass ,same as the upper door windows.I was going to put swatter canvas in the lower part of the doors,but I had some lexan left over from another build so used it in the lower sectio instead.I think it looks way better with lexan in the lower part,plus makes it way nicer to see out.One pic shows the lexan in before peeling the protective plastic off.Next step will be to install a heater but that can wait for a few months.Glad to have it done,maybe we'll have to leave them on for tommoro's ride.It's only 10c here today and windy again.Larry

Attached Thumbnails

• Ranger Cab done 005 (Small).jpg
  • Ranger Cab done 004 (Small).jpg
  • Ranger Cab done 003 (Small).jpg
  • Ranger Cab done 002 (Small).jpg

#20 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,612 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted June 04, 2011 - 02:22 PM

Wow Larry, you did a super job. The Lexan lowers is the definite way to go. You really need to be able to see down there in certain situations. You know, the situations you shouldn't have gotten yourself into! LOL Both you & Ray don't know how to do anything half-a at all. :dancingbanana::yelclap:

#21 tractorgarden OFFLINE  

tractorgarden

Junk Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2291
  • 1,277 Thanks
  • 1,432 posts

Posted June 04, 2011 - 02:26 PM

Larry, As always very nice work! Is that a c0 alarm in the ranger? under the steering wheel or a speaker? If not the fit and finish of your work may justify one. ( being so nicely sealed up) :thumbs: Shawn

#22 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,419 Thanks
  • 39,669 posts

Posted June 05, 2011 - 02:45 PM

Great job. Man, that looks so close to a factory cab. But I know it's better. Thanks for the pics.