• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,682 posts

Posted June 21, 2016 - 06:04 AM

Another way to get messed up pressure with two spool in tight quarters both spools hooked to same cylinder.Two hoses crisscrossed making dead head.

Only one cylinder hooked up at the moment. Unused valve is capped right now.

Kenny

What's the model of you tractor?  Also is the return line from the valve open and routed to tank?

This is the AC 718H I put the Ford rear end in. It is an Eaton11/Peerless 2500 Hydro.

Kenny does this valve have power beyond?? If all your spools leak that bad, you have a low pressure return issue, something is not correct, and the flow is being blocked. Get a bucket and unhook the return hose and get the open ends in it. Start rig up at idle and see if you have good flow before and after filter, then check the fitting that goes into the hydro on the side to be sure all is well there and it has no restrictions .
The charge pumps on the Eaton 11 are not a hi pressure unit, the internal one is that drives them.

No power beyond Keith. The valve is from a MF/Snapper 1655/1855. Your drawing is how it is plumbed without the power beyond. Here is a pic of the valve with markings as to how I have the lines hooked up.

Valve Connections.JPG

I have all new lines on it(except the return from the filter), including a cooler and new filter housing. The outlet of the valve goes to the cooler, then to the inlet of the filter. Outlet of filter returns to the side of the pump.

I'll try opening the return from filter line and see if there is good flow back to the pump.

Thanks guys!

#17 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,637 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted June 21, 2016 - 06:17 AM

The capped spool.......are you certain the spool is centered?  I notice that spool shaft is rusty.  Could it be off center a bit?

#18 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,409 Thanks
  • 3,159 posts

Posted June 21, 2016 - 07:17 AM

Someone didn't diss assemble that valve and accidentally put the ends on backwards? I know this can happen on some sectional valves? That would pressurize the low pressure passages ... And not want to go through the relief valve ?

#19 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,452 Thanks
  • 6,618 posts

Posted June 21, 2016 - 07:34 AM

Do you have another hose you could use to make a "U" right at the spool  ( kind of like a jumper ) to eliminate either the valve or hoses/cylinder ?  

#20 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,682 posts

Posted June 21, 2016 - 07:47 AM

Someone didn't diss assemble that valve and accidentally put the ends on backwards? I know this can happen on some sectional valves? That would pressurize the low pressure passages ... And not want to go through the relief valve ?

As far as the valve, it is assembled correctly.

Do you have another hose you could use to make a "U" right at the spool  ( kind of like a jumper ) to eliminate either the valve or hoses/cylinder ?  

I'm going to try what Keith suggested on flow first. And I want to check the fittings I installed at the filter. There is the possibility the return line from filter to pump is going bad inside.

#21 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 5,452 Thanks
  • 6,618 posts

Posted June 21, 2016 - 08:38 AM

Maybe I misunderstood the problem , I thought you were getting good flow until you moved the spool , then it deadheaded

#22 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,682 posts

Posted June 21, 2016 - 09:25 AM

The problem is that all valves I have put on here have leaked at the back of the spool. The first two were Ford valves and I had decent lift capacity. I put the 2 spool valve on and can't lift an empty pallet. I just check flow and it appears fine. But, this installed valve is now leaking all over so it's coming back off and I'll tear the whole system apart to see if I can find the issue. Maybe I need 3/8 line ran everywhere. Everything is set up with 1/4" right now as that is what the Ford rear had on it.

• Alc said thank you

#23 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,682 posts

Posted June 21, 2016 - 10:39 AM

I changed back to the single spool and the lift works again. Did find one fitting with a small hole in it, but I changed it out before I tried the 2-spool for the last time. Time to give Alice another bath and see if this valve still leaks.

#24 Bruce Dorsi ONLINE  

Bruce Dorsi

Old, but not dead -- yet!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1525
  • 3,173 Thanks
  • 2,144 posts

Posted June 21, 2016 - 04:47 PM

Kenny:

Your descriptions were not entirely obvious to several of us.

Your one pic seems to indicate the linkage operated both spools at the same time.  ...Is this correct?

• KennyP said thank you

#25 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,682 posts

Posted June 21, 2016 - 05:46 PM

Kenny:

Your descriptions were not entirely obvious to several of us.

Your one pic seems to indicate the linkage operated both spools at the same time.  ...Is this correct?

No! I cropped that pic down for hose locations. There are 2 handles on that valve.

DSCN1845.JPG
DSCN1838.JPG

The no lift issue is in this valve. I have another fitting to check that may need changed out, but it was too hot where I had the tractor.

• Bruce Dorsi said thank you

#26 ducky ONLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,628 Thanks
  • 3,869 posts

Posted June 21, 2016 - 07:29 PM

Thanks Kenny

I did not know what system you had there.

I am with Keith, it seems there is no return to tank from the massey valve.  Like mentioned try the bucket trick to locate.  You may also have an issue with the relief vavle on that massey spool if it has low power (PSI).

Other one works just that it leaks. Correct?

Also Eaton Charge pump has about 4-5 Gpm Flow with 150 PSI to the hydro and about 900-1000 PSI to the control valve.  1/4" hose should be fine.

• KennyP said thank you

#27 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,682 posts

Posted June 21, 2016 - 07:55 PM

I found one fitting with a small hole in it. Changed that out and looking to see if it still leaks out the back.

#28 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,682 posts

Posted June 22, 2016 - 07:51 AM

Here's the pic. Fitting on the right is what I had stuck in there.

DSCN1872.JPG

#29 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 5,452 Thanks
  • 6,618 posts

Posted June 22, 2016 - 10:35 AM

Is the fitting on the right for some kind of flow control ?  There's nothing inside it is there ?

• KennyP said thank you

#30 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,682 posts

Posted June 22, 2016 - 12:55 PM

Is the fitting on the right for some kind of flow control ?  There's nothing inside it is there ?

Nothing inside. Just a small hole. Probably is some kind of flow control, just don't know what for or where.