4 replies to this topic

#1 jtrojek OFFLINE  

jtrojek
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8084
  • 1,021 Thanks
  • 550 posts

Posted June 20, 2016 - 10:04 AM

I had someone contact me through my website asking me the value of a few different garden tractors that they had in their possession which they intend to sell.  I told them that I would post the tractors on here to get people's opinion in terms of value so that they have more opinions rather than just mine, as opinions often differ.  

I realize that it's hard, not having seen them in person, and that "they're only worth what someone will pay for them".  The current owners are just trying to get a ballpark price range, based upon what you see, just so that they can get a sense of where to even start as they have no idea.  I'm just looking to help them out to at least give them a vague idea.  

Please note that there is also a Wheel Horse, a Bantam, a Bush Hog, and a Simplicity, which I have also posted about in the (hopefully) appropriate threads.

Anyway, here is the Speedex.  She said the engine is not seized and the tires are okay (two things I asked her to check).  Anything missing or not right?  What would you estimate the price range to be?  Thanks in advance for all your help on behalf of the current owners. (Note: sorry the picture files are so large - I should have compressed them first).

speedex 1.JPG

speedex 2.JPG

speedex 3.JPG

speedex 4.JPG

#2 MiCarl ONLINE  

MiCarl
  • Member No: 75926
  • 838 Thanks
  • 482 posts

Posted June 20, 2016 - 11:34 AM

I think the answer on this one is "not much".

It appears to be an "S" series tractor.  I see similar tractors in Ohio and Pennsylvania sit on Craigs List for months at $350(US).  Of course they're common in that area.

• jtrojek said thank you

#3 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,660 Thanks
  • 6,474 posts

Posted June 20, 2016 - 12:40 PM

This one only has the 2spd trans and the Briggs engine shrould is missing??  Wonder how long that has been off?  Seems pretty complete. Pretty common S series, not sure what number, but would think no more than $150 as is, and that is about tops of what I would pay. The Ohio and PA area are better selling places for these.

• jtrojek said thank you

#4 jtrojek OFFLINE  

jtrojek
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8084
  • 1,021 Thanks
  • 550 posts

Posted June 20, 2016 - 05:19 PM

For reference/market purposes, the current owners are in NY State.  Should have mentioned that too.

#5 speedbird OFFLINE  

speedbird
  • Member No: 8857
  • 125 Thanks
  • 69 posts

Posted June 23, 2016 - 07:58 PM

My guess is $100 to $150 in the condition that it looks to be in.