• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jtrojek OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8084
  • 988 Thanks
  • 539 posts

Posted June 20, 2016 - 09:59 AM

I had someone contact me through my website asking me the value of a few different garden tractors that they had in their possession which they intend to sell.  I told them that I would post the tractors on here to get people's opinion in terms of value so that they have more opinions rather than just mine, as opinions often differ.  

I realize that it's hard, not having seen them in person, and that "they're only worth what someone will pay for them".  The current owners are just trying to get a ballpark price range, based upon what you see, just so that they can get a sense of where to even start as they have no idea.  I'm just looking to help them out to at least give them a vague idea.  

Please note that there is also a Wheel Horse, a Speedex, a Bush Hog, and a Bantam, which I have also posted about in the (hopefully) appropriate threads.

Anyway, here is the Simplicity.  She said the engine is not seized and the tires are decent (two things I asked her to check).  Anything missing or not right?  What would you estimate the price range to be?  Thanks in advance for all your help on behalf of the current owners. (Note: sorry the picture files are so large - I should have compressed them first).

simplicity 1.JPG

simplicity 2.JPG

simplicity 3.JPG

• Traill95 said thank you

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

• Member No: 8923
  • 9,468 Thanks
  • 7,352 posts

Posted June 20, 2016 - 11:01 AM

I bought one similar 3 years ago. It was running with mower deck, snow plow, electric lift and tire chains for $200. A couple of hours of TLC and it has been my yard tractor. But, location makes a big difference in values. There are alot of ACs and Simplicities around here so they are not rare. Good Luck, Rick

• jtrojek said thank you

#3 jabelman OFFLINE  

• Member No: 38843
  • 1,452 Thanks
  • 1,117 posts

Posted June 20, 2016 - 04:22 PM

isn't funny that it's a 200 dollar tractor as is, but if you if nut and bolt online you could probably make a grand off it
  • rustyoldjunk and jtrojek have said thanks

#4 jtrojek OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8084
  • 988 Thanks
  • 539 posts

Posted June 20, 2016 - 05:20 PM

For reference/market purposes, the current owners are in NY State.  Should have mentioned that too.

#5 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,051 Thanks
  • 2,166 posts

Posted June 21, 2016 - 07:41 AM

A non runner here is a $100 tractor.  It's optionless and below average shape, but no seller wants to hear that.  A buyer of something like this cannot expect full good parts prices if they tear it down, as the condition of the parts is unknown.  Instead, they need to expect to pay full parts prices to get it going.  

• skunkhome and boyscout862 have said thanks

#6 ACmowerguy OFFLINE  

• Member No: 67204
  • 279 Thanks
  • 280 posts

Posted June 23, 2016 - 09:46 PM

Wrong fuel tank, hood hacked for it to fit, missing front hood bolts, upper grille, and side panels, that's some of your high dollar parts and its in need of them.

Edited by ACmowerguy, June 23, 2016 - 09:47 PM.

#7 skunkhome OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8044
  • 322 Thanks
  • 455 posts

Posted July 01, 2016 - 08:32 PM

It looks like it got caught in a hail storm. Cabbage sized hail. I agree with Mr Greens accessment. Not running: no way to verify anything else works.