5 replies to this topic

#1 jtrojek OFFLINE  

jtrojek
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8084
  • 1,021 Thanks
  • 550 posts

Posted June 20, 2016 - 09:51 AM

I had someone contact me through my website asking me the value of a few different garden tractors that they had in their possession which they intend to sell.  I told them that I would post the tractors on here to get people's opinion in terms of value so that they have more opinions rather than just mine, as opinions often differ.  

I realize that it's hard, not having seen them in person, and that "they're only worth what someone will pay for them".  The current owners are just trying to get a ballpark price range, based upon what you see, just so that they can get a sense of where to even start as they have no idea.  I'm just looking to help them out to at least give them a vague idea.  

Please note that there is also a Wheel Horse, a Speedex, a Bush Hog, and a Simplicity, which I have also posted about in the (hopefully) appropriate threads.

Anyway, here is the Bantam.  She said the engine is not seized and the tires are mediocre (two things I asked her to check).  She also said that t did run well, but hasn't run in awhile.  Looks like the data tag is missing?  Anything else missing or not right?  What would you estimate the price range to be?  Thanks in advance for all your help on behalf of the current owners. (Note: sorry the picture files are so large - I should have compressed them first).

bantam 1.JPG

bantam 2.JPG

bantam 3.JPG

bantam 4.JPG

• blackjackjakexxix and Traill95 have said thanks

#2 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,667 Thanks
  • 6,486 posts

Posted June 20, 2016 - 12:43 PM

Looks pretty complete, yet I never cared for them. The right collector will come along and want to buy it.  Value not sure on these, but think this is pretty good example.

#3 jtrojek OFFLINE  

jtrojek
  • Contributor
  • 1,021 Thanks
  • 550 posts

Posted June 20, 2016 - 05:21 PM

For reference/market purposes, the current owners are in NY State.  Should have mentioned that too.

#4 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,065 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted June 21, 2016 - 07:43 AM

I have no good idea what they are worth, but I've always wanted to bring one home.  With 3 little boys at home, these tractors appeal to me now.  Once a value is determined, I'd be interested!

#5 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,169 Thanks
  • 5,761 posts

Posted October 12, 2016 - 04:05 PM

Whatever became of this little gem?

#6 jtrojek OFFLINE  

jtrojek
  • Contributor
  • 1,021 Thanks
  • 550 posts

Posted October 12, 2016 - 04:13 PM

I made an offer, one that I was comfortable with, and also to them that they could do better than my offer if they advertised it because I believed that someone who lived closer could do better in terms of price. I left it with her, then followed up later, and she said they were actually going to sell it to me, but that someone came along and bought the Speedex and made a better offer on the Bantam while he was there so they sold both to them. It sounded like it worked out well for them so I was happy with that. Hopefully it found a good home then. They were nice people to chat with.