• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29484
  • 4,746 Thanks
  • 2,723 posts

Posted June 19, 2016 - 07:30 PM

I figured out how to upload pic's from my cellphone to my laptop using Kies by Samsung for my S4 device but how do you post them on here ?

#2 DougT ONLINE  

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,530 Thanks
  • 4,183 posts

Posted June 19, 2016 - 07:58 PM

Hank, you use the more reply options at the bottom. It will take you to a page where you can browse your computer for the pics and upload them. Then, in the reply you will set the cursor where you want the pic and click add to post behind the one you downloaded. I think the tutorial is in the site how to section. Look for Kennyp's signature, there is a link to it. Good Luck!!

• ducky, KennyP, Trav1s and 2 others have said thanks

#3 shorty ONLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,319 Thanks
  • 3,739 posts

Posted June 20, 2016 - 05:39 AM

Is there any way to do it while on the mobile format? Or just the reg format.

#4 KennyP OFFLINE  

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 27,660 Thanks
  • 39,030 posts

Posted June 20, 2016 - 05:49 AM

Is there any way to do it while on the mobile format? Or just the reg format.

Is that on your phone?

#5 WNYTractorTinkerer OFFLINE  

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,142 Thanks
  • 4,558 posts

Posted June 20, 2016 - 07:45 AM

On our phones we have to upload them to the Verizon website then we can D/L them to our computer..  It's a PITA for sure.  

Just the price you pay for having a 'dumb phone'!

If ya got a 'smart phone' put the picture in via an APP..  You should be able to upload it here but as I'm a dumb phone owner my guess is you need to set the APP up and you'll be fine..

Sometimes the Software company's tweak the format to change the type of file (the .###) and your file type is not a recognized thing on your computer or even GTTalk..  I've circumvented the software hawks via the 'PRTSCR' button on my PC when I'm looking @ the picture.  It copy's the image displayed on your monitor (everything you see) to your machine's virtual memory (aka- clipboard.)  Once that image is captured you can open up whatever picture editing software is on your machine (I usually use Paint on my Windows machine) and then Paste that image into that program.  Once it is there you will need to Crop the unwanted parts of the screen shot you took out so you can save just the picture as (Save as) a .Jpeg or .jpg file.  (**Save it to a place where you know to look for it / find it!)

Then you can upload or save or transfer anywhere as it is a common file type..  

Hope this makes sense to you.

Edited by WNYTractorTinkerer, June 20, 2016 - 08:08 AM.

#6 Trav1s OFFLINE  

Got points?

• Member No: 5472
  • 2,586 Thanks
  • 3,737 posts

Posted June 20, 2016 - 10:52 AM

I use the full version of the website from my phone and upload pics from my phone like I do from my home computer.  It is a bit of a pain but it works.