• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,651 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted May 14, 2011 - 02:25 PM

why yes ya did lmao. hey ive learned more here and have talked to more people, its a bit more laxed here. i havnt been there long either. and honestly thanks for the url lol.

Glad you came over! And yes, MUCH more relaxed here, and we intend to keep it that way too. So simply enjoy!

#17 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,316 Thanks
  • 28,634 posts

Posted May 14, 2011 - 02:30 PM

That "friendliest place on the web" statement always made me a little skittish. Kind of reminds me of "Honest Johns Used Cars". If you have to toot your own horn about how good you are, there is definately a problem. :-(

:rofl2:
I agree, and to that end, I think we can adopt a new slogan for GTT...
"Garden Tractor Talk, it's OK if you like that sorta thing..."

What is MTF, mighty tuna fish, mindless tractor fashions, my tractor farted, malted turkey feet,moral totally forgotten,MY tractor FIGHT! Always remember do on to others as you would have done to your self. I think we can all agree, we have the best mods. the best members, and the BEST forum!

The mods jobs are so much easier because of the members! It's the fantastic people who visit here for comradarie that make this the best site going!

I've said it before and I will say it again, Garden tractors collect the nicest people!

#18 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,486 Thanks
  • 39,722 posts

Posted May 14, 2011 - 02:38 PM

I don't check all the separate forums here everyday, but sometimes I will look in to see what is going on with that brand. This is a much more relaxed and enjoyable forum. My thanks to Nutndun, all the mods, and the members for making it what it is.

#19 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted May 14, 2011 - 03:09 PM

I used to be over at MTF about 2 years ago, then they banned me, I knew it was coming, cause being 18-19 years old at the time and all the administration exceeding 40 years old, anything I said was usually misinterpreted due to all the generation gap thing. But the one thing that finally got me banned was not misinterpreted, but taken out of a non integrated chat room and out of context, but I did say it, and it was about the administration and the one mod that abused his powers, also to one that I was arguing with in the chat room the night before. Believe me, when you are arguing with a mod (that instigated the arguing by being an a-hole) then you know you are going down. I only have one thing left to say to that mod and the admins at MTF, thanks for showing me that there are much better forums on this internet, and although it took me 2 years to find my way to GTtalk, I feel like I am actually wanted here and I am not constantly defending everything I say like I was over at MTF. I was at MTF long enough to get over 1000 posts, then banned lol. Here I just get my posts pruned out when I get too many in one place LOL.

#20 LPBolens OFFLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 874
  • 1,176 Thanks
  • 882 posts

Posted May 14, 2011 - 04:38 PM

Honestly, I like both GTTalk and MTF. I have never had problems on either one, and have enjoyed reading and posting on both. Admittedly, I also am careful about what I say, which might be a result of experience. I was much more brash when I weas younger. Now I never post something that would offend me if someone else said it to me. Follow "The Golden Rule" and you will probably never be banned from any forum.

#21 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted May 14, 2011 - 04:54 PM

That is a good point LPBolens, but most of what I got in trouble for on MTF was misinterpreted statements I made, sometimes jokes or such. It just got old and finally I got shoved over the edge due to a non integrated chat and a mod laughing about how I had to log in under some other name because mine was already taken. What shoved me over the edge was that I gave that mod three chances to admit that it was not funny since it had been happening for well over 4 months. (I actually left my chat open overnight half the time just to avoid my username from being taken because if I logged out for just 5 minutes my username was gone it was that bad) When the mod said it was funny the third time I went off. I had been trying to get them to integrate the chat for 4 months, and they closed chat the day they banned me, and reopened it as an integrated chat. I think they got the message lol.

I literally had nothing to lose because the administration was already treating me like crap for past misunderstandings.

#22 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,316 Thanks
  • 28,634 posts

Posted May 14, 2011 - 05:08 PM

Hold on a minute!!! Casey CHATS???????

:poke:

#23 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,413 Thanks
  • 2,117 posts

Posted May 14, 2011 - 08:51 PM

:bigrofl::bigrofl::bigrofl::bigrofl:

#24 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted May 14, 2011 - 09:13 PM

Thanks to all of the folks that posted such nice comments.I'm sure that George is glad to know how much the site is appreciated. I don't know how to copy just a part of a post but, I still like Alan's that garden tractors collect the nicest people. We have met the greatest group of folks at every tractor show that we have attended. Once again, Thank You.

#25 Deck_Drive OFFLINE  

Deck_Drive

collector of sears

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 736
  • 96 Thanks
  • 348 posts

Posted May 14, 2011 - 11:33 PM

I enjoy posting on both forums, but on MTF I dont think my input is needed as I am not that experinced yet (being 15 and all) but here I can get a word in. Over there I cant.

#26 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted May 15, 2011 - 04:40 AM

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:Really ?

#27 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,316 Thanks
  • 28,634 posts

Posted May 15, 2011 - 09:22 AM

I enjoy posting on both forums, but on MTF I dont think my input is needed as I am not that experinced yet (being 15 and all) but here I can get a word in. Over there I cant.

And we appreciate the input and advice. Nice to have you here!

#28 Mark Ohio OFFLINE  

Mark Ohio

• Member No: 2241
  • 15 Thanks
  • 22 posts

Posted May 15, 2011 - 09:55 PM

I'm member #12 over MTF and they have yet to throw me out. :D

I've been on forums now since early 2000. Forums are kind of like cable, cell phone, and satellite TV companies. Customers (aka members) come, go, and sometimes return. It's just the norm. It's surprises me to this day how small the world on forums is at times. As for active members you see many familiar names just about every place you go. That's one reason I try to avoid making any enemies. Chances are your going to run into them again even if you move to another spot on the net. :beerchug:

#29 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,316 Thanks
  • 28,634 posts

Posted May 15, 2011 - 10:16 PM

I've been on forums now since early 2000. Forums are kind of like cable, cell phone, and satellite TV companies. Customers (aka members) come, go, and sometimes return. It's just the norm. It's surprises me to this day how small the world on forums is at times.

:welcome: to GTTalk. Glad you found your way over here & thanks for the input. There are a lot of common members, we are glad to have everyone come and stay as long as they want. We are all here to enjoy each others company and discuss the hobby.

If you get a chance to introduce yourself, please do so in the Member Introductions. We'd love to hear about your GTs and see some pics.

#30 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted May 15, 2011 - 10:49 PM

I've been on forums now since early 2000. Forums are kind of like cable, cell phone, and satellite TV companies. Customers (aka members) come, go, and sometimes return. It's just the norm. It's surprises me to this day how small the world on forums is at times. As for active members you see many familiar names just about every place you go. That's one reason I try to avoid making any enemies. Chances are your going to run into them again even if you move to another spot on the net. :beerchug:

Yup, never good to make enemies, so I don't try to. But if you don't have enemies anywhere, then you never stood up for anything you believe in.:welcometogttalk: