47 replies to this topic

#1 1978murray OFFLINE  

1978murray

diesel mechanic

• Member No: 2523
  • 598 Thanks
  • 1,163 posts

Posted May 14, 2011 - 08:47 AM

The friendlyist place on the web my butt. I got kicked off there because I gave my opinion on tractor brands and posting that I made a new site for everyone. So I am here to say gardentractortalk is the friendlyist place on the web
  • Bolens 1000, mjodrey, daytime dave and 6 others have said thanks

#2 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,637 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted May 14, 2011 - 08:51 AM

Your weedeater, small powered site?

#3 hydriv OFFLINE  

hydriv

Tractorholic

• Validating
  • Member No: 256
  • 70 Thanks
  • 583 posts

Posted May 14, 2011 - 10:17 AM

The friendlyist place on the web my butt. I got kicked off there because I gave my opinion on tractor brands and posting that I made a new site for everyone. So I am here to say gardentractortalk is the friendlyist place on the web

Hard to say what the real reason was. Did a Mod ever send you a warning letter? Did you get more than one warning letter? Did you persist in doing whatever it was that they told you not to do? I haven't read any of your posts on MTF but I do know that "brand-bashing" is not allowed. I'm pretty sure that it isn't allowed here either. I'm not saying that's what you did but if some people construed your posts to be brand-bashing, then the Mods would get flooded with complaints. So if you did have several warnings in the past and then began promoting your new website.........you should not be surprised that you got voted off the island.

#4 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,289 Thanks
  • 28,623 posts

Posted May 14, 2011 - 10:35 AM

Sorry to hear you had troubles. We're all in this together, and we each enjoy a little teasing.
I have never been a member there, not for any real reason than this place always kinda felt like home & I didn't have any reason to.
We're glad you found us.
I hope your site is doing well also & thanks for the information.

#5 1978murray OFFLINE  

1978murray

diesel mechanic

• Member No: 2523
  • 598 Thanks
  • 1,163 posts

Posted May 14, 2011 - 10:49 AM

Hard to say what the real reason was. Did a Mod ever send you a warning letter? Did you get more than one warning letter? Did you persist in doing whatever it was that they told you not to do? I haven't read any of your posts on MTF but I do know that "brand-bashing" is not allowed. I'm pretty sure that it isn't allowed here either. I'm not saying that's what you did but if some people construed your posts to be brand-bashing, then the Mods would get flooded with complaints. So if you did have several warnings in the past and then began promoting your new website.........you should not be surprised that you got voted off the island.

I just got one worning in an email. Then bam I was out. Many people here post bad stuff about certainte tractor brands. such as the Dixon tractor debate

#6 Deck_Drive OFFLINE  

Deck_Drive

collector of sears

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 736
  • 96 Thanks
  • 348 posts

Posted May 14, 2011 - 11:00 AM

we discuse (exuse the bad spelling, never been good at it) other brands. everyone of us is entitled to our own opinion about brands. we dont bash brands, and as to the dixon tractors, we are talking about the weaknesses and everything else, we are not bashing it.

#7 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 14, 2011 - 11:40 AM

There is a big difference between opinions, poking fun, brand bashing and just going to far. Opinions and poking fun is always allowed. Brand bashing is going to be how someone interprets something. Flaming, being offensive is when it goes too far and is not allowed in any way, shape or form.

MTF has always been known to have their cliques and since I left there and we started GTT I have had no reason to go back. So I can't say what did or didn't happen. Just putting out the rules in how we interpret things here.
  • Orangeman05 and KennyP have said thanks

#8 middleageddeere OFFLINE  

middleageddeere

Tacos!

• Member No: 2033
  • 243 Thanks
  • 1,082 posts

Posted May 14, 2011 - 11:46 AM

Yeah, I do believe that there needs to be some kind of warning because sometimes rules can be confusing, however...If you break the rules there should be consequences. We all need to be held to some standard, if not I could tell Daniel up there how stupid his tractors are and that would not be nice. Lol just kidding Daniel.

#9 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,637 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted May 14, 2011 - 12:03 PM

We all need to be held to some standard, if not I could tell Daniel up there how stupid his tractors are and that would not be nice. Lol just kidding Daniel.

Oh, you still can, but I carry a big stick! :rofl2:

#10 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,289 Thanks
  • 28,623 posts

Posted May 14, 2011 - 12:08 PM

... And the ability to delete all your posts. :laughingteeth:

#11 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,623 Thanks
  • 3,917 posts

Posted May 14, 2011 - 12:28 PM

That "friendliest place on the web" statement always made me a little skittish. Kind of reminds me of "Honest Johns Used Cars". If you have to toot your own horn about how good you are, there is definately a problem. :-(

#12 tractorgarden OFFLINE  

tractorgarden

Junk Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2291
  • 1,277 Thanks
  • 1,432 posts

Posted May 14, 2011 - 12:38 PM

What is MTF, mighty tuna fish, mindless tractor fashions, my tractor farted, malted turkey feet,moral totally forgotten,MY tractor FIGHT! Always remember do on to others as you would have done to your self. I think we can all agree, we have the best mods. the best members, and the BEST forum!
  • MH81 and caseguy have said thanks

#13 hydriv OFFLINE  

hydriv

Tractorholic

• Validating
  • Member No: 256
  • 70 Thanks
  • 583 posts

Posted May 14, 2011 - 01:20 PM

I just got one worning in an email. Then bam I was out. Many people here post bad stuff about certainte tractor brands. such as the Dixon tractor debate

That would be my thread that you are referring to and apparently you have misunderstood the intent. In no way was I bashing the brand. In fact, I mentioned that they were a maker of a very respected ZTR. I simply questioned how they could claim that their new machines deserved the title of being called a Garden Tractor as opposed to the lawn or yard tractors they actually are. That isn't bashing. Now if I said that all Dixon products were nothing but junk, then that's bashing. Discussing the Pro's and Con's of any brand is fair game on any site. I'm not judging you but if you got the boot after just one warning, you must have done something serious because they don't ban people without considerable discussion in the Mod Forum previously.

#14 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,686 posts

Posted May 14, 2011 - 02:04 PM

I belong over there, but only because I joined there long before I found this forum. It was the only site I found at the time that wasn't brand specific and I was looking for info on my Sears tractors. After I got the Ford, I was asked to check out this site and have been a very happy camper since. I haven't been here long, but my post count here has almost exceeded the one over there. I have a few people there who are a wealth of info that I respect very much. I did succeed in getting Mike165 to come over tho.

#15 mike165 OFFLINE  

mike165

• Member No: 2973
  • 6 Thanks
  • 27 posts

Posted May 14, 2011 - 02:18 PM

why yes ya did lmao. hey ive learned more here and have talked to more people, its a bit more laxed here. i havnt been there long either. and honestly thanks for the url lol.