• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#61 bprzyw OFFLINE  

bprzyw
  • Member No: 53276
  • 120 Thanks
  • 180 posts

Posted November 03, 2016 - 07:06 AM

I just used an auto paint kit, primer, acrylic lacquer gloss white, and acrylic lacquer clear coat. Nothing fancy. On the smaller parts, bolts, spacers, I used duplicolor acrylic lacquer gloss white and clear, as it seemed to match. Wasn't going for a prefect restore, just a clean nice build that's functional, and since I repowered, I figured what the heck? Ya know?...... Got the engine mounts made up last night, had to use 1" square stock, measured them, marked holes and drilled. painted overnight. Maybe tonight I will finally get the engine bolted down. :D  Crossing fingers here.............

Edited by bprzyw, November 03, 2016 - 12:18 PM.

• Cvans and SC Farmer have said thanks

#62 bprzyw OFFLINE  

bprzyw
  • Member No: 53276
  • 120 Thanks
  • 180 posts

Posted November 14, 2016 - 12:37 PM

Went to the Napa and picked up the headlights, $7 each, 4" GE sealed beam. Installed with stainless steel hardware. Picked up a new positive battery cable, 50", thought it was going to be too long, but fits just right. Mounted hood. Cut choke and throttle cables to length. Need to run new fuel line. Added some rubber where the hood meets the dash, so they won't rub. Last piece is the drive shaft. Need to pull hydro unit again, and do some welding on the end where the yoke fits. There is some slop in it, not much, figured i'd run 4 beads with the mig, and grind them down. Not sure how that's going to work. then refit it, and measure for drive shaft. At that point, its fuel and battery. There is some wiring, lights, gauges, hour meter, but that can wait a bit.

Will get some pics to post tonight.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0401.JPG
  • IMG_0402.JPG

Edited by bprzyw, November 15, 2016 - 07:12 AM.

• Cvans said thank you