• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bobby_Moore OFFLINE  

• Member No: 83495
  • 4 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted June 15, 2016 - 10:54 AM

Serial no. 3074689
I picked my first economy power king up the other day. Itso a 2414, but unsure of the year. Sat for 25+ years in a barn. I cleaned the carb/fuel pump has ran great since. While I was unearthing the tractor from the very back of the barn I found a box that has full kohler gasket kit a .010 stems piston chrome rings and new valves.tractor could use a little paint but looks very good for its age. As soon as I figure out how to post pics I'll add some
Thanks Bob
  • KennyP, boyscout862, propane1 and 1 other said thanks

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 27,661 Thanks
  • 39,046 posts

Posted June 15, 2016 - 12:19 PM

:wave: Welcome to the forum! Are the pics on a phone? Anyways, there is a link in my signature that may help with pics.

#3 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,138 Thanks
  • 2,270 posts

Posted June 15, 2016 - 12:30 PM

Welcome aboard from your neighbor to the south.  There are two too many numbers in your serial number.  The 30xxxx numbers put you back in the 1974 model year which would technically make this an Economy tractor with a model designation of simply Power King.  They didn't start using the numbered model designations until the late 70's.  In 1991 the serial numbers jumped from 5 digits to 9.  Please double check this number so we can pinpoint the year of your tractor.  Thanks.

• Member No: 62466
  • 920 Thanks
  • 792 posts

Posted June 15, 2016 - 12:32 PM

Hi Bobby, welcome to PK ownership and the group, you have too many numbers in the serial number to give you a mfg date check it again and post back with it and some pictures, good to hear you got it to run after sitting that many yrs but the Kohler is a great engine.

#5 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,119 Thanks
  • 5,669 posts

Posted June 15, 2016 - 01:26 PM

:welcometogttalk: :camera: