Recliner repair

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,043 Thanks
  • 4,973 posts

Posted June 14, 2016 - 07:31 PM

Figured I'd share and someone might find it useful. My recliner kept breaking. The plastic release handle would snap right off and leave me with a chair instead of a recliner. I kept buying handles that were plastic. I went on eBay and looked up metal recliner handle and this came up

It is fantastic. Fits perfect and made out of metal. Not cast pot metal but stamped steel. I think this one will out last the chair.

If you have problems with your plastic handles breaking of this style I highly recommend this for 5 bucks!

Might be a worthless post but thought I'd share just in case.
  • jhn9840, DougT, MH81 and 5 others have said thanks

#2 Sawdust OFFLINE  

• Member No: 36549
  • 4,516 Thanks
  • 2,827 posts

Posted June 14, 2016 - 09:57 PM

You wonder why they make a handle like this out of plastic. Mine has a plastic button you push in...pretty durable. The grandkids found out how to use it so my son puts them up to push it while I'm dozing off...scares the crap out of me. Glad you found a good fix.

• WNYTractorTinkerer and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#3 KennyP OFFLINE  

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 27,602 Thanks
  • 38,985 posts

Posted June 15, 2016 - 05:17 AM

My son just got a couch with the two ends that recline using thattype handle. I'll let him know about this if he has issues.

• toomanytoys84 said thank you

#4 Titus OFFLINE  

Bush Hog Hoarder

• Member No: 4216
  • 1,691 Thanks
  • 2,217 posts

Posted June 15, 2016 - 07:28 AM

Our chairs at the fire house recline, and their electric. We have to plug in the chair to allow it to recline. There is no manual way to do so. The buttons have broken, they activate the chairs by your finger tips tapping the button. Strange setup, as I would have liked a manual recline option.