• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Midnight251 OFFLINE  

Midnight251
  • Member No: 83481
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted June 14, 2016 - 12:06 PM

Got a Craftsman R1000 30" 6 speed rear engine.  Great little mower for my application.  When ever I move the deck height to the 3rd position and engage the blades, the engine spits and sputters and complains.  Put the deck height to the 4th position engage the blades, the engine pretty much stalls out untill I disengage the blades.  Deck height positions 1,2 and 5 (which I seldom use), the thing runs like a charm.  Any idea on what to check to try and resolve this. 

Thanks

#2 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,166 Thanks
  • 4,507 posts

Posted June 14, 2016 - 01:10 PM

Engage the blades with the deck raised in the transport position and about 1/2 throttle or less.  After the blades come up to speed, lower the deck to your cutting height and mow.  Give it a try.  this is they way I do on all of the clutch driven decks.  Lot less load on the clutch and motor.

• MH81 and Midnight251 have said thanks

#3 Midnight251 OFFLINE  

Midnight251
  • Member No: 83481
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted June 20, 2016 - 11:31 AM

Engage the blades with the deck raised in the transport position and about 1/2 throttle or less.  After the blades come up to speed, lower the deck to your cutting height and mow.  Give it a try.  this is they way I do on all of the clutch driven decks.  Lot less load on the clutch and motor.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.  Checking it out this weekend I found that if I move the lever down till the blades engage and just hold it there everything works fine.  When I move the lever down further to lock it in position, this is when the issues begin.  I think we're getting somewhere.