• 20160610_125839.jpg

• toomanytoys84 and Auburn David have said thanks

#2 Eric OFFLINE  

Eric
  • Member No: 41778
  • 987 Thanks
  • 669 posts

Posted June 13, 2016 - 08:15 PM

How what is done? If you mean hydraulics yes that is one way, a little backstory or information would go a long way towards me understanding your exitement.
  • Username said thank you

#3 Username OFFLINE  

Username

• Member No: 2568
  • 2,065 Thanks
  • 1,425 posts

Posted June 13, 2016 - 09:48 PM

How what is done? If you mean hydraulics yes that is one way, a little backstory or information would go a long way towards me understanding your exitement.

I never said that I was excited (I am though).It's gear drive.Do you have any ideas how it was done?

#4 Eric OFFLINE  

Eric
  • 987 Thanks
  • 669 posts

Posted June 13, 2016 - 10:24 PM

I have not seen a mount like that one on a single but have seen many gear driven hyd pump setups. The pump in the pic is identical to a pump I have here that came off of a forklift. That is a clean install though and looks as if it belongs if only the proper fittings and lines would have been used. As a rule even on input sides of pumps friction fittings with clamps are not advisable due to the nature of hydraulic systems. While working in the Navy I have seen even lower presure systems do significant damage to human skin, a pinhole in a 3000 PSI system will take your fingers off like a hot knife through butter while doing wipe downs! Fluid under pressure is nothing to be played with lightly.
  • Username, KC9KAS and propane1 have said thanks

#5 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted June 14, 2016 - 06:42 AM

Cam gear bumped out there?  Not sure how you open the case to use it?? That a kohler or some other like a Wisconsin say?  Using the Magneto drive part w/out the mag on it??

• Username said thank you

#6 Username OFFLINE  

Username

• Member No: 2568
  • 2,065 Thanks
  • 1,425 posts

Posted June 14, 2016 - 08:02 AM

I thought it was interesting  how he drives the pump.The mount is home made and he cut the cam gear off another crank and mounted it to the pump.

#7 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 61865
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted June 14, 2016 - 09:28 AM

Thats looks great..and my 6018 has clamps on the low side(feed side) from the factory..as does my Toro 328D

#8 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,233 Thanks
  • 5,073 posts

Posted June 14, 2016 - 08:48 PM

Looks good but seems like a lot of work when a simple mount and belt would do the same.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

#9 Eric OFFLINE  

Eric
  • 987 Thanks
  • 669 posts

Posted June 14, 2016 - 10:48 PM

Low pressure systems frequently have clamps on them on the inputs, ussually as a cost cutting measure. I am not saying it is lethal, just a better idea to run proper fittings, I was always taught to use the same fittings on low pressure systems as on higher pressure systems just to be safe. I was always working hydraulics on aviation equipment where failure even in small ways can cause big problems. In my opinion saving a buck is not worth the hassle of chasing a leak or failure.