jdslednut

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 77
  • 636 Thanks
  • 837 posts

Posted May 13, 2011 - 09:30 PM

Finally brought home the 210 I have been dealing on for about a year now. I ended up trading my 18 HP Briggs after I rebuilt it and installed it in the PO's zero-turn Schweiss mower with some help from a couple of great kids at school. It runs great and has good tight steering. Also came with a little plow (I think it's a David Bradley but didn't get a chance to look more closely) and a mower deck. One more major brand acquired and one more to have fun with the research. Hopefully I will have some better daytime pictures soon (if it ever stops raining here).

[ATTACH]14588[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]14587[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]14586[/ATTACH]

Attached Thumbnails

• 117_1983.jpg
  • 117_1982.jpg
  • 117_1981.jpg

#2 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted May 13, 2011 - 10:18 PM

Great looking Case there, and the plow is in fact for a David Bradley walk behind tractor, I have a few myself. Great score.

#3 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted May 13, 2011 - 10:43 PM

That's a nice Case you've picked up jdslednut. I also concur that is a David Bradley plow. They are quite unique in their construction. Great deal and I hope that you enjoy the new challenge!

#4 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,331 Thanks
  • 28,640 posts

Posted May 13, 2011 - 11:01 PM

Nice haul. Both you and the PO made out well. Glad you have a couple of kids around to help!

#5 hydriv OFFLINE  

hydriv

Tractorholic

• Validating
  • Member No: 256
  • 70 Thanks
  • 583 posts

Posted May 14, 2011 - 10:09 AM

For a 1976, that 210 is in nice shape overall. A used hood should not be too hard to find. The 210's don't get as much press as the hydraulic drive models but they are a very capable tractor.

#6 jj69chev OFFLINE  

jj69chev

Tractorholic

• Member No: 626
  • 24 Thanks
  • 150 posts

Posted May 14, 2011 - 10:19 AM

nice looking case, don't see many of them here in minnie

#7 jdslednut OFFLINE  

jdslednut

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 636 Thanks
  • 837 posts

Posted May 14, 2011 - 11:20 AM

For a 1976, that 210 is in nice shape overall. A used hood should not be too hard to find. The 210's don't get as much press as the hydraulic drive models but they are a very capable tractor.

Do you know it is a '76 by the color scheme? Just curious if this was the only year before they changed colors. I'm happy with it being a 210. I'm not sure I wish to tackle hydraulic system knowledge with the limited GT time I do have. I'm just happy to learn more about these and the Case brand. I joined your forum awhile back in anticipation of acquiring this tractor and will be spending a little more time there (and the same amount here of course).

#8 hydriv OFFLINE  

hydriv

Tractorholic

• Validating
  • 70 Thanks
  • 583 posts

Posted May 14, 2011 - 01:30 PM

Do you know it is a '76 by the color scheme? Just curious if this was the only year before they changed colors. I'm happy with it being a 210. I'm not sure I wish to tackle hydraulic system knowledge with the limited GT time I do have. I'm just happy to learn more about these and the Case brand. I joined your forum awhile back in anticipation of acquiring this tractor and will be spending a little more time there (and the same amount here of course).

The Desert Sunset and Red were the corporate paint scheme for several years prior to Case buying Colt and producing their own line of Garden tractors. You will find those colours from 1965 to the year your 210 was made. Then in 1977, they went with a Power Red/Power White. Do not be the slightest bit intimidated by the hydraulic factor. You will quickly learn to love the way they operate, along with the immense abilities that the system provides. If you start reading extensively on my site, you will find many reports from other members stating how much they enjoy owning one or more of those tractors. We don't expect anyone to give up any site they frequent as a result of joining our site. After all, I still come back here to read and post too.
  • jdslednut said thank you

#9 KBear OFFLINE  

KBear

Garden Tractor Nerd

• Member No: 1459
  • 89 Thanks
  • 126 posts

Posted May 14, 2011 - 03:51 PM

jdslednut - Nice choice. For the simple fact the 210 gear drive LGTs are less well known I've often thought how cool it would be to have a gear drive Case 210 in the Desert Sunset and Power Red combination such as yours. As Hydriv mentioned a good used hood can be found pretty easily but I think if you have a blunt tool to get into the inside of the hood nose form and with a little imagination and ingenuity you could get that hood lookin' pretty nice IMHO. That is an interesting moldboard plow. Do you lift it from the rear with the handle? Hard to tell from the image but I don't see where it hooks to the rockshaft. If you're interested keep your eye out for a Sleeve Hitch that where made for the low profile tractors. Below is the H22 Sleeve Hitch for my 222. With a Sleeve Hitch you're able to attach several implements that where and are made for Sleeve Hitch use. The Sleeve Hitches will show up on eBay now and again but they can cost between $125 up to $175 and possible $200 depending on how many are bidding. Once again, as Hydriv mentioned, you have nothing to fear from a Hydraulic Drive Case LGTs. They are less complected than you are imagining. Go to the forum you mentioned and go to the Tractor FAQ section there you can find the model SN lookup in order to find out what year your tractor is. Hydriv already blew that surprise. :rolling:

[ATTACH]14622[/ATTACH]

Attached Thumbnails

• case222tractor_06.jpg

• jdslednut and newcaseowner have said thanks

#10 jdslednut OFFLINE  

jdslednut

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 636 Thanks
  • 837 posts

Posted May 15, 2011 - 12:13 AM

I'm going to try to get it off the trailer (with some assistance) tomorrow and get a few more pics to show how the plow is mounted. I hope to try it out soon to see how it works as well. If it isn't up to snuff I may be searching for a sleeve hitch and a better solution.

#11 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted May 15, 2011 - 05:13 AM

That's a pretty nice looking 210 you've got there.
Congrats.:thumbs:

#12 hydriv OFFLINE  

hydriv

Tractorholic

• Validating
  • 70 Thanks
  • 583 posts

Posted May 15, 2011 - 01:55 PM

I'm going to try to get it off the trailer (with some assistance) tomorrow and get a few more pics to show how the plow is mounted. I hope to try it out soon to see how it works as well. If it isn't up to snuff I may be searching for a sleeve hitch and a better solution.

Case did make a J-21 Sleeve Hitch but I've never seen one listed on e-Bay or elsewhere. You can see it on my site in the Tech Library. Look in the 210 Parts Manual at page 54. It's quite complex so duplication would be a challenge. Maybe Joe Hemmi has one kicking around.

#13 newcaseowner OFFLINE  

newcaseowner
  • Member No: 74336
  • 22 Thanks
  • 21 posts

Posted May 02, 2016 - 05:31 PM

jdslednut - Nice choice. For the simple fact the 210 gear drive LGTs are less well known I've often thought how cool it would be to have a gear drive Case 210 in the Desert Sunset and Power Red combination such as yours. As Hydriv mentioned a good used hood can be found pretty easily but I think if you have a blunt tool to get into the inside of the hood nose form and with a little imagination and ingenuity you could get that hood lookin' pretty nice IMHO. That is an interesting moldboard plow. Do you lift it from the rear with the handle? Hard to tell from the image but I don't see where it hooks to the rockshaft. If you're interested keep your eye out for a Sleeve Hitch that where made for the low profile tractors. Below is the H22 Sleeve Hitch for my 222. With a Sleeve Hitch you're able to attach several implements that where and are made for Sleeve Hitch use. The Sleeve Hitches will show up on eBay now and again but they can cost between $125 up to $175 and possible $200 depending on how many are bidding. Once again, as Hydriv mentioned, you have nothing to fear from a Hydraulic Drive Case LGTs. They are less complected than you are imagining. Go to the forum you mentioned and go to the Tractor FAQ section there you can find the model SN lookup in order to find out what year your tractor is. Hydriv already blew that surprise. :rolling:

[ATTACH]14622[/ATTACH]

i have a question what is the color of the paint on this hitch.. 

my 1973 220 frame is the same color and i want to repaint it at a later date..

Edited by newcaseowner, May 02, 2016 - 05:33 PM.

#14 gopher OFFLINE  

gopher

• Member No: 2755
  • 569 Thanks
  • 631 posts

Posted May 02, 2016 - 06:15 PM

i have a question what is the color of the paint on this hitch.. 

my 1973 220 frame is the same color and i want to repaint it at a later date..

This is a really old post. The color you need is Flambeau Red. Check with Case dealer. Or paint shop Dupont paint code 44044 or 066dh or tp140. If you need more help on any thing start new post you will get more views.

• KennyP and newcaseowner have said thanks

#15 gopher OFFLINE  

gopher

• Member No: 2755
  • 569 Thanks
  • 631 posts

Posted May 02, 2016 - 07:32 PM

The color is Flambeau Red. The codes might be no good pulled from my files there over ten years old. If you get them to match Dupli-color DE1607 Chevrolet orange-red enamel then you could have rattle can for touch ups. Otherwise use 71282 ppg urethane paint looks good with Desert Sand

• newcaseowner said thank you