• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mtoney ONLINE  

mtoney
  • Member No: 13665
  • 558 Thanks
  • 542 posts

Posted June 13, 2016 - 08:49 AM

My wife bought herself a 1810 Cub Cadet from my work place last week.  She wants it set up for plow days.  I am planning to get the special lower bracket that ties into the axle tubes for putting a sleeve hitch on an alum rear end.  But I need the upper casting, the lift bar and any other pieces for the rear lift on a 82 series wide frame.   A spring assist would also be nice for her as well.   Thanks  Mike and Michele   P.S., no she does not want to put a cat 0 3pt on it before someone brings that up. 

#2 diesel nut ONLINE  

diesel nut
  • Member No: 7572
  • 504 Thanks
  • 319 posts

Posted June 13, 2016 - 12:17 PM

There was never a sleeve hitch offered for the 1810 just a cat. 0 3 point.  I don't think you can easily put a sleeve hitch on an aluminium rear cadet.  I tried once about 8 years ago on my 1282 and it didn't work, but I don't remember which part was wrong.  I think it was the lift rod had a different angle.  Also I'm not sure there's mounting holes for the old style lift assist on the 1810 as the cat. 0 had a different assist that bolted to itself.                            Stewart

#3 mtoney ONLINE  

mtoney
  • Member No: 13665
  • 558 Thanks
  • 542 posts

Posted June 14, 2016 - 06:54 AM

Its the same lift that would go on a red 682.  Only the lower mounting bracket has to be different due to the alum rear end.  extreme motorworks offers a special lower bracket that has ears that tie the mount into the axle tube bolts as well as the rear end cover bolts so that the bolts do not pull out of the alum cover area under  a load.    Mike

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: for sale