#32 Kfs35 ONLINE  

Kfs35
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 22474
  • 395 Thanks
  • 411 posts

Posted July 24, 2016 - 10:13 AM

Looks really nice!

Edited by Kfs35, July 24, 2016 - 10:13 AM.

#33 1967bolens collector OFFLINE  

1967bolens collector

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1920
  • 648 Thanks
  • 1,437 posts

Posted July 24, 2016 - 06:44 PM

Wow that is pretty Brian I got a front and rear mounted ones I would like to do one day the rear mounted is n.o.s
  • Bolens 1000 said thank you

#34 MailmAn OFFLINE  

MailmAn
  • Member No: 10315
  • 292 Thanks
  • 723 posts

Posted July 25, 2016 - 01:09 PM

Excellent work, Brian!  You sure outdid yourself on this.  I love the pictures of it mounted on your nicely restored 1050 tractor!  I'm sure you will cringe the first time firing it up to use it after all that fresh paint and new hammers you installed on it!  I'm sure it will run as good at the day it was first made now though as it looks brand-new now.

I'm kind of surprised myself at how close that hopper is to the hood of the tractor though.  They couldn't have given you much more than like half an inch clearance there it looks like.  Now, is this a fixed front mount attachment or can it move with the attachment lift lever at all?  All I can say is that I hope you don't run out of gas in the tractor when using it or you'll have a hell of a time opening the hood to top off the gas tank!  lol...

#35 MailmAn OFFLINE  

MailmAn
  • Member No: 10315
  • 292 Thanks
  • 723 posts

Posted July 25, 2016 - 01:14 PM

Wow that is pretty Brian I got a front and rear mounted ones I would like to do one day the rear mounted is n.o.s

I didn't know that they made a rear mounted one of these.  That seems like it would make more sense to me anyways than the front mounted one, but I'd imagine the rear mounted one needs a MUCH longer driveshaft and the attachment mounting might be a bit tougher to hook up than the front mounted one.

I have a standalone MacKissic myself and it worked great...  Up until I blew the engine on it.  It has been sitting in my back yard ever since.  I should really get another engine for it so I can use it at least.  It was a nice machine and I really liked it.  It would be cool too if I could make a hitch mount for it so I could at least tow it behind my tractor...

• MH81 said thank you

#36 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,692 Thanks
  • 17,206 posts

Posted July 25, 2016 - 01:59 PM

The attachment is stationary and does sit close to the hood, I think any farther and you maybe would have had too much stress on the front end. You can open the hood by taking the belt off and turning the hopper on its side , its only secured on the back end so can pivot out of the way to get to the hood and refuel.

I powered her up yesterday and its amazing , no noise at all with all new bearings, the old ones really growled!

The rear ones came after the front mount , probably lots of requests for them.

• OldBuzzard and MailmAn have said thanks

#37 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted July 25, 2016 - 08:40 PM

Bolens 1000, on 25 Jul 2016 - 2:59 PM, said:

... You can open the hood by taking the belt off and turning the hopper on its side , its only secured on the back end so can pivot out of the way to get to the hood and refuel. ...

Like this:

100_4595.JPG 100_4594.JPG

• Bolens 1000, MH81, LPBolens and 3 others have said thanks

#38 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,564 Thanks
  • 3,942 posts

Posted July 25, 2016 - 08:45 PM

I powered her up yesterday and its amazing , no noise at all with all new bearings, the old ones really growled!

I love the sound of one coming up to full rpm. All those knives make a unique sound.
  • MailmAn said thank you

#39 nyrobbie77 OFFLINE  

nyrobbie77

• Member No: 2163
  • 90 Thanks
  • 74 posts

Posted July 27, 2016 - 07:56 AM

Awesome work!

#40 Husky OFFLINE  

Husky

• Contributor
  • Member No: 63
  • 923 Thanks
  • 892 posts

Posted July 27, 2016 - 11:04 AM

Very nice Brian. I restored a front mount a few years ago and love it. I may restore the rear mount one day. You will really like it. I used mine for mulching leaves for compost works great. I now use a standalone unit that was given to me. Your  paint came out great and I like the color.