• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 diesel nut ONLINE  

diesel nut
  • Member No: 7572
  • 500 Thanks
  • 318 posts

Posted June 12, 2016 - 08:48 PM

Well I got to the garage this morning and didn't find a trace of it anywhere inside.  Thought it was kind of neat to see because years ago I had a customer come up to work with an old tractor on his trailer that was odd looking and said he'd swap it to me for an oil filter for his tractor.  It was a mink feeder made by Speedex.  The big bay door on the back doesn't close square so it leaves about a 6 inch gap on one side.  Think it probably came in and left there because I can't imagine it trying to get in through one of the open doors yesterday due to the fact that I was working by one my uncle at another and the third had my dads suburban parked there with the back open and the dog laying there.  Might have come in looking for food but might have been looking to build a nest somewhere because it was trying to get a rag out of a box when I found it.  My dad said he couldn't remember the last time he saw a wild mink around here so hopefully they might be making a comeback.  I know fisher cats have been around for at least the last 20 years and I've heard from several people that they've seen bobcats in the last 10 years or so.         Stewart

• Cvans and oldedeeres have said thanks

#17 toppop52 ONLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,512 Thanks
  • 3,393 posts

Posted June 13, 2016 - 08:03 AM

Beaver and fox were the high dollar items when I was an early teen. Not an otter to be found in sw MN.

We didn't have beavers there, here 150 miles north, they're everywhere. We had plenty of fox but southern fox fur doesn't get a thick enough pelt to make good coats.

• Cat385B said thank you