5 replies to this topic

#1 flgudmusic OFFLINE  

flgudmusic
  • Member No: 83386
  • 1 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted June 10, 2016 - 10:32 AM

Hello,

I recently gave my neighbor a Cub Cadet 1027 rider, sometimes called the "Bug"? He's trying to remove one of the rear/ drive wheels in order to replace a tire but is having a helluva time getting the wheel off. What we're wondering, is it possibly 'splined' onto the axle or is there a magic spell we need to chant to get it off.

Thanx for any help,    Pat   aka   flgudmusic

#2 diesel nut OFFLINE  

diesel nut
  • Member No: 7572
  • 496 Thanks
  • 316 posts

Posted June 10, 2016 - 11:56 AM

That has 2 flat spots on the axle and 2 matching ones on the rim to hold it in place.  They were put together dry so it most likely rusted together.  When I have to get a rim off a setup like that at work the magic spell is usually an oxy/acetylene torch and an abundance of 4 letter words plus a couple days to remove it.  If the tire is bad it's usually easier to just jack the tractor up and change it where it sits.  Hope this helps.                        Stewart

• WNYTractorTinkerer said thank you

#3 WNYTractorTinkerer OFFLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,304 Thanks
  • 4,657 posts

Posted June 10, 2016 - 12:04 PM

That has 2 flat spots on the axle and 2 matching ones on the rim to hold it in place.  They were put together dry so it most likely rusted together.  When I have to get a rim off a setup like that at work the magic spell is usually an oxy/acetylene torch and an abundance of 4 letter words plus a couple days to remove it.  If the tire is bad it's usually easier to just jack the tractor up and change it where it sits.  Hope this helps.                        Stewart

:iagree:  :iagree:  :iagree:

#4 Tecumseh power ONLINE  

Tecumseh power

Jack of all trades, master of none.

• Member No: 77571
  • 941 Thanks
  • 766 posts

Posted June 10, 2016 - 12:40 PM

Just leave it on and change the tire on the wheel on the tractor. Don't beat it off the transmission will break

#5 Bmerf OFFLINE  

Bmerf

Patina Farmer / Rust Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9846
  • 1,708 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted June 10, 2016 - 06:19 PM

Tube it on the machine.

• EricFromPa said thank you

#6 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,293 Thanks
  • 2,329 posts

Posted June 10, 2016 - 08:43 PM

Put a tube in it while it's on the tractor.A good tube will last as long or longer than that little tractor will.

Hated my YardBug lol.Got it needing a drive belt.Put both drive belts on it and used it for 2 weeks then the drive cable broke.Replaced it with OEM cable.Was $68 for the cable btw.and mowed with it for 2 months then the carb decided to fill the block with gas and I forgot to check it before using it and it blew the connecting rod through the block.

Went and borrowed my neighbors skid loader for a couple minutes and made it fit in our small dumpster :rolling: :rolling:

Edited by EricFromPa, June 10, 2016 - 08:43 PM.

• Eric said thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wheels