• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Paulgo ONLINE  

Paulgo
  • Member No: 68759
  • 594 Thanks
  • 393 posts

Posted June 09, 2016 - 06:52 AM

Hi folks. I'm normally over in the Bolens area, but I saved a 1650 from being chopped up and parted out. Nice little tractor with hydro drive and power lift. Engine has a knock in it. My question is-- does it have some sort of power assist for the steering? Hard to see up in there. Steers really easy.

002.jpg 004.jpg 005.jpg 007.jpg

Also, this is for sale if anyone is interested.  http://nmi.craigslis...5618273426.html

Paul

• Traill95 and Sawdust have said thanks

#2 olds45512 ONLINE  

olds45512
  • Member No: 77943
  • 609 Thanks
  • 349 posts

Posted June 09, 2016 - 07:49 AM

Nope, its manual steering.
  • Sawdust and Paulgo have said thanks

#3 dthomp17 ONLINE  

dthomp17

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2987
  • 494 Thanks
  • 411 posts

Posted June 09, 2016 - 08:53 AM

Glad you saved that one. Nice looking tractor and I would be interested if it were closer.  I already have one cub 1650 and I really like it.  My mower deck works but is not in real good shape though.

• Paulgo said thank you

#4 Paulgo ONLINE  

Paulgo
  • 594 Thanks
  • 393 posts

Posted June 09, 2016 - 09:30 AM

Glad you saved that one. Nice looking tractor and I would be interested if it were closer.  I already have one cub 1650 and I really like it.  My mower deck works but is not in real good shape though.

Thank you!

Yeah, you're a bit too far away. 

Paul

#5 Paulgo ONLINE  

Paulgo
  • 594 Thanks
  • 393 posts

Posted June 09, 2016 - 07:01 PM

You know, it's a great time of year to see beautiful Mackinaw Island. Go half an hour further north and you can see the famous Soo Locks too. I'm right in between them...  ;)  Paul

• Sawdust said thank you

#6 dthomp17 ONLINE  

dthomp17

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2987
  • 494 Thanks
  • 411 posts

Posted June 09, 2016 - 09:49 PM

You know, it's a great time of year to see beautiful Mackinaw Island. Go half an hour further north and you can see the famous Soo Locks too. I'm right in between them...  ;)  Paul

Sounds good but afraid I'll have to pass. I have a self imposed limit on how far I will drive to look at a garden tractor and it's about 100 miles.

#7 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,897 posts

Posted June 10, 2016 - 06:56 PM

Alot better than the one my son just got, would be a great parts donor for that one. no engine, patchwork deck, an inch of dust from the barn that it was in, this one will probably donate parts to my 129. Wish you were closer.
  • lrhredjb and Paulgo have said thanks

#8 mtoney ONLINE  

mtoney
  • Member No: 13665
  • 557 Thanks
  • 540 posts

Posted June 13, 2016 - 11:14 AM

Its not hard to overhaul those 16 hp Kohlers, probably due for new iso mounts and the cradle mod.  Good the cub cadet quiet line engine cradle mod and do that along with fresh rubber iso mounts and rag joints on the drive shaft.  Those old girls were built tough, just have to get her back up to snuff again.  Get rid of the balance gears inside the motor when you go thru it, they like to make holes in the block when thier bearings fail.  Excellent save, my wife just saved a Cub Cadet 1810 from going to the guys that chop them up for parts.   MIke

• Sawdust and Paulgo have said thanks

#9 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,523 Thanks
  • 2,831 posts

Posted June 13, 2016 - 06:25 PM

Its not hard to overhaul those 16 hp Kohlers, probably due for new iso mounts and the cradle mod. Good the cub cadet quiet line engine cradle mod and do that along with fresh rubber iso mounts and rag joints on the drive shaft. Those old girls were built tough, just have to get her back up to snuff again. Get rid of the balance gears inside the motor when you go thru it, they like to make holes in the block when thier bearings fail. Excellent save, my wife just saved a Cub Cadet 1810 from going to the guys that chop them up for parts. MIke

I like these cubs, this looks like a nice one.
I have a 1250 I bought two years ago for a song with the deck & plow. PO said it just quit, I noticed the governor rod hanging down broke. Hopefully I can start on this soon. I know about the iso mounts but not the engine cradle mod.
  • Paulgo said thank you

#10 Paulgo ONLINE  

Paulgo
  • 594 Thanks
  • 393 posts

Posted June 13, 2016 - 10:45 PM

I don't have time for this or room to keep it around.  Too many Bolens projects. Hoping somebody buys it so it doesn't end up as parts on ebay.  Paul

• Sawdust said thank you