• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Orange appeal OFFLINE  

Orange appeal
  • Member No: 77395
  • 294 Thanks
  • 223 posts

Posted June 08, 2016 - 04:32 PM

Well I just bought a mower under false pretenses I wanted a running turn key mower but this one is more along the lines of projects so I'm looking to sell it. It runs and drives but the variable speed shifter is worn so it doesn't stay in any speeds, the Welsh cap on carb is missing and the clutch is hard and sticky . I have side panels I bought for it so hope that sweetens the deal I'd like to get my 350 back out of it but I'm open to reasonable offers at this point. Willing to ship

Attached Thumbnails

• FB_IMG_1465421514477.jpg
  • FB_IMG_1465421509831.jpg
  • FB_IMG_1465421504894.jpg

• MH81 and Traill95 have said thanks

#2 Dane in PA ONLINE  

Dane in PA

Dane in PA

• Contributor
  • Member No: 9535
  • 506 Thanks
  • 587 posts

Posted June 09, 2016 - 08:37 AM

Sorry to hear you got stiffed.

Can't win them all.

Got put out over $800 on a trade between two horses last year-- kinda leaves a bitter taste in the mouth.

Hope it's an easy sell!

• MH81 said thank you

#3 Orange appeal OFFLINE  

Orange appeal
  • 294 Thanks
  • 223 posts

Posted June 09, 2016 - 08:38 AM

Yeah oh well at least mine was cheap and I can resell it and buy something in person next time so I don't get swindled guess not everyone is as nice as you guys lessons learned

#4 ACmowerguy OFFLINE  

ACmowerguy
  • Member No: 67204
  • 300 Thanks
  • 298 posts

Posted June 11, 2016 - 04:57 PM

I'm not trying to defend the seller's misrepresentation, but, those are very common issues on this series of tractor. The carb issue is minor. I usually buy a $4 rubber expansion plug to use in place of the welch plug. Many of the variables suffer from the same type of wear. Judging by the condition in the pics, I would not have believed it was "turn-key." These tractors are now approaching 50 years old and unless they had seen little use there are likely a lot of parts in need of replacement (worn keys in the bevel gear box, axle tube, worn variable belts, sheaves, pins and linkages, steering gears and the NLA steering eccentric pins. Many times if it looks wore out then it probably is. Despite this I have seen worse looking tractors sell for more money.  

• MH81 and Orange appeal have said thanks

#5 Orange appeal OFFLINE  

Orange appeal
  • 294 Thanks
  • 223 posts

Posted June 11, 2016 - 07:55 PM

No I agree it's all fixable and common but when I told them I wanted to buy it they told me it wasn't in this bad of shape I wanted one that was turn key. If I wanted a fixer upper this would have done fine. But it's ok its being replaced with a mint hb212 so not a bad trade off anyhow. I paid about the same for my big ten and thats hardly a project at all I it hood bolts and battery cables in and that was it. Just can't trust everyone these days I guess I'm too nice old my fault really.
  • John Arsenault said thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: for sale