• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 4u2nv OFFLINE  

4u2nv
  • Member No: 75591
  • 35 Thanks
  • 27 posts

Posted June 09, 2016 - 06:09 PM

Would you care to share the street or area in Westport? I have a lot of family in Westport and may be able to help get a better price on these.

#17 Vsfiredawg OFFLINE  

Vsfiredawg
  • Member No: 82979
  • 1 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted June 09, 2016 - 09:21 PM

Will the chrome strips on the hood fit on a T 63 and is the light any good? Thanks Vince

#18 Vsfiredawg OFFLINE  

Vsfiredawg
  • 1 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted June 09, 2016 - 09:28 PM

What kind of Wisconsin engine does the d 410 have if it has the same as the T 63 I need a carb . He probably wants to sell the whole thing and be done

#19 Vsfiredawg OFFLINE  

Vsfiredawg
  • 1 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted June 09, 2016 - 09:39 PM

I looked on Scotts page and got my answer on the engine but does anybody know if the carb is the same?

#20 wpod OFFLINE  

wpod
  • Member No: 82189
  • 41 Thanks
  • 26 posts

Posted June 19, 2016 - 10:58 AM

Well folks, if there's no interest in enough of the parts on these two Hogs , I'll just tell the owner that he's asking too much and we'll see what happens I guess. I agree with an earlier poster that if you could get the pair for $250-300 bucks , you could probably part them out and break even and possibly not lose any money. My only interest was for the 10 HP Wisconsin motor and tranny as a spare for my D-4-7. Do the 7 HP Wisconsin motor and 10 HP Wisconsin motor bolt up to the same transmission? Or to say it another way, If my Wisconsin 7HP motor died, could I substitute the 10 HP Wisconsin or would I need to swap transmissions as well? Clear as mud, correct? Thank you, Paul

• Vsfiredawg said thank you

#21 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,630 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted June 19, 2016 - 01:12 PM

Yes, bell housings and clutch will swap between these engines as long as the engines were OE for Bush Hogs.  The crank output shaft has a machined center for the trans shaft pilot bushing.  Not sure on the carbs, but if/when I go outside this afternoon I will check.

#22 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,219 posts

Posted June 19, 2016 - 03:49 PM

I got in touch with the seller and the gist I got was he wanted $500 and that was is!! No questions
Pete

#23 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted June 19, 2016 - 09:24 PM

I looked on Scotts page and got my answer on the engine but does anybody know if the carb is the same?

The 10hp carb and 7hp carb are not the same.
  • Titus said thank you

#24 wpod OFFLINE  

wpod
  • Member No: 82189
  • 41 Thanks
  • 26 posts

Posted June 20, 2016 - 07:55 AM

On my first visit, I was blown away by the size of the estate that these two Hogs sit on. I was told that  it was once a large family farm and is now divided up between 5 or 6 of the sons and daughters , each with their own beautiful home and several acres of land. The owner is what I would call an "Old Yankee" in that he's a bit on the stubborn side and pretty much set in his ways. He remarked that he didn't need the money so was in no hurry to sell them.  He said that he had paid $500.00 for the two tractors several years ago and therefore felt as though he should be able to recoup his initial investment even though the tractors are rotting away in a field. He bought them with the intention of getting his grand kids  involved with tractor pulling, but nothing ever became of it.  How much effort does it take to throw a tarp over a tractor? I will probably contact him later in the week to inform him that the general consensus here at the Forum  is that $500.00 is too much money  and ask for a lower price or possibly selling parts off of each tractor.  I welcome any ideas that you may have for an approach. Will kep you posted. thanks, paul