#1 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,627 Thanks
  • 2,580 posts

Posted June 06, 2016 - 07:28 PM

on our Homelite T 16 H.. After I got done tilling this morning with dad's Homelite I thought I should look at the fron t PTO because it wasn't working. It had worked last time I had the mower deck on but when I checked it out it would not work. First I found the spade connector had pulled out of the connector, second it still would not work. I knew I had a good battery as I had been using the rear electric lift all morning lifitng and dropping the tiller. I reconnected the wires and flipped the switch and nothing. So I figured because the switch was a brand new used one ( a line from Ecanaba in Da Monlight) it might be that. As I wiggled the toggle back and forth and up and down it started to click at the PTO. That's when I figured I should check the warranty on the 44 year old switch. Sure as heck the warranty run out a mere 43 years ago. I thought about calling the nearest Simplicity dealer and complaining about it's lie span when the wife reminded me it was a long didstance call and it would probably cause someone to laugh so hard they may have to hospitalized and then they could possibly come after me for causing a medical incident. So I went to the parts box and there it was a brand new American made switch just like the American made switch that just went bad. Seeing my joy the wife told me I had enough fun and it was time to come in for lunch and a nap. So not wanting to upset the wife I did as she suggested ( actually said to do) and will go back out tomorrow and change it. When I do I will take a camera and take some pics. I guess 44 years isn't really to bad for a switch that in the summer time is used a lot. I will also be putting the mower deck back together and I will document that process. Just had some time to set down after dinner and writ this so hopefully you guys enjoy it. I will say that the Simplicity tiller does a super job of tilling the ground. It always looks so good after we get done. Thanks for reading.                                                                 Roger

• massey driver, Alc, Bmerf and 2 others have said thanks

#2 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 61865
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted June 06, 2016 - 09:39 PM

44 years?no wonder everything in moving over seas...just no quility like they had 200 years ago on stuff like that..200 years ago you never heard of an electrical part (TVs and cell phones for sure)failing..SMH.. :(

• hamman said thank you

#3 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,627 Thanks
  • 2,580 posts

Posted June 08, 2016 - 07:18 PM

Been cold and windy last few days and truthfully I haven't felt all that well. I haven't changed thr switch yet and probably will not for a couple of days. Been down right cold here again last two days and with probable frost tonight. Have to go get new tires on the truck tomorrow aftn. and not looking forward to it. Hopefully I will fell better to do this tomorrow. More later.                                                                                                                                                          Roger.

#4 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 61865
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted June 08, 2016 - 08:57 PM

Cold?I will trade ya!!!

• hamman said thank you