8 replies to this topic

#1 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,134 Thanks
  • 4,486 posts

Posted June 06, 2016 - 04:21 PM

Topic was supposed to be: Is My Hydro Bad or Just an Adjustment?

Working on a CC 882 with Hydro. Received the rebuilt valves back today and installed them. Went out to mow and have a run away problem. On a slight down hill grade the tractor will speed up a bit and then roll to all most a stop.
Then the hydro catches up, it jerks and off we go again, only to do the same thing. Pulling up that same slight grade it works fine. I checked the linkage and control parts and found that the pin on the damper spring plate assembly is wore flat on the two side that run in the slot of the came. Could this be causing the problem or could the spring be week in the trunion be week? The trunion looks good and measures out good.

Trunion-1.JPG Trunion-2.JPG

The control lever has to be about 1/3 of the way up before the tractor will move and then it is with a little jerk. I am thinking those flats places on that pin are causing this problem.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Edited by MH81, June 11, 2016 - 12:00 PM.

• Sawdust said thank you

#2 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,134 Thanks
  • 4,486 posts

Posted June 11, 2016 - 07:36 AM

Pulled the linkage off the side of the hydro to check for wear between the pin and the curved slot it rides in.  In the process both springs fell out of the trunnion.  Have the new springs ordered and should be here Monday.  The pin and slot looked good and only showed very minor rub wear.  Slot is very uniform from end to end and the pin is only .002 smaller where it rides.  Nothing to be concerned about in my opinion.  will put the new springs in and see what that does.

• Sawdust said thank you

#3 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,210 Thanks
  • 28,584 posts

Posted June 11, 2016 - 12:03 PM

Check for mounting slop on the tranny or shifting somehow between the linkage and the frame?
  • chieffan said thank you

#4 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,134 Thanks
  • 4,486 posts

Posted June 20, 2016 - 08:11 PM

Ordered new spring and buttons ends.  Came in today so put it back together.  Centered the linkage to the neutral point.  All other linkage look and felt decent.  To it out for a trial run ll went well.  Put the fender back on and went to mow a small area of white clover I hadn't got to yet.  Mowed good even though it was in a light rain.  The Kubota diesel hung right in there and kept right on blowing grass.  I was impressed with the power it had.  Seemed to handle the area better than the Kubota B7100 I had.  Nor for a new deck blet an then the search for a front blade with hyd. angle operation.

• olcowhand, MH81, KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#5 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,355 Thanks
  • 39,630 posts

Posted June 21, 2016 - 06:27 AM

Glad it's working well for you!

#6 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,521 Thanks
  • 2,829 posts

Posted June 21, 2016 - 07:00 AM

Glad you got it fixed. Blowing wet clover was a good test.

Edited by Sawdust, June 21, 2016 - 07:00 AM.

#7 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,134 Thanks
  • 4,486 posts

Posted June 24, 2016 - 07:46 AM

That white clover is crazy around here this year.  Never seen so much of it and darn hard to kill off to.  Takes over a lawn in just a couple years and that is all you have then.  Mowing today and my be the last of the white blooms.  At least it will be green then.  The diesel in the 1512 Cub will get another good work out.

• MH81 and Sawdust have said thanks

#8 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,521 Thanks
  • 2,829 posts

Posted June 24, 2016 - 08:20 AM

That white clover is crazy around here this year. Never seen so much of it and darn hard to kill off to. Takes over a lawn in just a couple years and that is all you have then. Mowing today and my be the last of the white blooms. At least it will be green then. The diesel in the 1512 Cub will get another good work out.

We had lunch with some neighbors yesterday a few miles down the road. Their yard is covered also. This is our second summer here & it was a lot last year but this year is unbelievable. I would guess I have 75 percent clover & like you white buds everywhere.

#9 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,134 Thanks
  • 4,486 posts

Posted June 27, 2016 - 07:12 AM

Only good part is the bloom is about over with up here.  Clover will stay green longer than the grass but I don't mow short like a lot of people do so don't have a brown lawn in august most of the time.  Next mow will be a leveling mow at about 3+ inches.  Clover will be green yet but still don't like the stuff.

• Sawdust said thank you