• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 GT Man OFFLINE  

GT Man

• Member No: 139
  • 38 Thanks
  • 60 posts

Posted June 06, 2016 - 05:20 AM

I am offering for sale a Locally Sold tractor here in Northwest Ohio. It has been gone thru from top to bottom and used IH paint. HERE IS THE DEAL: I would like this to go to a history collector. I will except the best offer. The offer is to include a $$ amount and a statement as to the desires of the new owner to preserve the history of the vintage equipment. I have invested a lot of $$ but time and space are in short supply. I will answer any questions you may have.  The picture show it on the way to a show with my Dad's 123 last fall.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_4251.jpg

• blackjackjakexxix, Traill95, VintageIronCollector and 2 others have said thanks

#2 Dane in PA ONLINE  

Dane in PA

Dane in PA

• Contributor
  • Member No: 9535
  • 500 Thanks
  • 580 posts

Posted June 06, 2016 - 09:14 AM

What is the asking price and exact location?

#3 oldiron1 OFFLINE  

oldiron1
  • Member No: 43924
  • 292 Thanks
  • 182 posts

Posted June 06, 2016 - 10:56 AM

PM Sent

#4 sharkman ONLINE  

sharkman
  • Member No: 34759
  • 149 Thanks
  • 119 posts

Posted June 06, 2016 - 12:49 PM

How about a price range or a minimum price. That way we won't insult you!.  Are you interested in any trading?  I would love to have that as I was born in 1962, but 500 miles from you.

#5 GT Man OFFLINE  

GT Man

• 38 Thanks
  • 60 posts

Posted June 06, 2016 - 05:55 PM

In reply to couple comments:

1. Location - Archbold, Ohio 43502 northwest part of the state not far from Ohio Turnpike - I 80-90

2. Price, I have been insulted before just looking for a fair price and to know the unit will live on in some one's collection. You can PM me your offer if you want.

Thanks

• blackjackjakexxix said thank you

#6 grnlark OFFLINE  

grnlark

• Member No: 2691
  • 330 Thanks
  • 367 posts

Posted June 16, 2016 - 05:58 PM

I never play the offer game. I pass these ads by and know many others that do too. Post a price and accept offers from there. Nobody likes a phishing game.
  • Bolens 1000, bread320i, Gtractor and 4 others have said thanks

#7 GT Man OFFLINE  

GT Man

• 38 Thanks
  • 60 posts

Posted June 17, 2016 - 05:19 AM

Some times comments or replies are not needed. Moderator please remove this "for sale add". It was not a game I was playing and the comment above was unfounded. Thanks

#8 WrenchinOnIt OFFLINE  

WrenchinOnIt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8592
  • 2,515 Thanks
  • 732 posts

Posted June 17, 2016 - 06:49 AM

Some times comments or replies are not needed. Moderator please remove this "for sale add". It was not a game I was playing and the comment above was unfounded. Thanks

If you haven't already pick one or more of the mods and send your request to remove in a PM they probably will see it sooner.
I imagine Cub guys would have an idea where to start price wise but several GT fans of all makes may not, an idea of a starting price would help get offers rolling for sure.
I have been down the "make an offer" road before and have met the same criticism's I don't believe insults are the remedy.
Perhaps reconsider, put a desired price or offer that you have one in mind and PM you for details, some of the best GT owners ARE HERE and probably give your very nice piece a good home.
  • Bolens 1000 and KennyP have said thanks

#9 sharkman ONLINE  

sharkman
  • Member No: 34759
  • 149 Thanks
  • 119 posts

Posted June 17, 2016 - 07:14 AM

I don't think anyone is personally insulting you. I am sorry you feel that way.  Other forums require prices on your ad just for this reason.  We did ask nice a couple of times.  Everyone wants a good deal and your ad show how much you care for that cub.  

Edited by sharkman, June 17, 2016 - 12:17 PM.

• KennyP said thank you

#10 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,681 Thanks
  • 17,202 posts

Posted June 17, 2016 - 08:49 AM

Do we still want this ad gone? If so I will remove it

#11 farmerall ONLINE  

farmerall
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8266
  • 2,148 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted June 18, 2016 - 10:47 AM

2. Price, I have been insulted before just looking for a fair price and to know the unit will live on in some one's collection. You can PM me your offer if you want.

Thanks

Not trying to be rude but if you don't want to be insulted then put a price on it. Otherwise if some one troughs out a number you don't like you can only be mad at yourself. 

#12 Dane in PA ONLINE  

Dane in PA

Dane in PA

• Contributor
  • Member No: 9535
  • 500 Thanks
  • 580 posts

Posted June 21, 2016 - 10:44 AM

I asked for a price and the location.  I'm a man that deals in exacts and not ideals.  I need a tangible number to work with, not some idealistic "feeling."  I'm not sympathetic to someone who is looking to play guessing games and possibly phish for offers.

Myself and the dealership I work for were going to put forth money to consider purchasing this machine for our showroom, but we have lost interest. 

Thank you for your time.

Edited by Dane in PA, June 21, 2016 - 10:49 AM.

• Gtractor, limebuzz, farmerall and 2 others have said thanks

#13 grnlark OFFLINE  

grnlark

• Member No: 2691
  • 330 Thanks
  • 367 posts

Posted June 22, 2016 - 12:25 PM

And if anyone was implying that my response was an insult well, I respectfully disagree. You know what the tractor is worth as does pretty much everyone else here. Chances are, you also have a sentimental, emotional price premium on it as well. In most cases historically, that puts a machine like this in an unrealistic $$ range. No one in this case will offer fair market value for fear of insulting you. So, be insulted by my comment to offer a starting point for negotiation or be insulted by a below fair market value offer. Pick your poison I suppose.
  • Dane in PA and MyTractorsSexy have said thanks

#14 MyTractorsSexy OFFLINE  

MyTractorsSexy
  • Member No: 85341
  • 10 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted December 03, 2016 - 08:15 AM

I'll offer $100.

#15 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,421 Thanks
  • 39,670 posts

Posted December 03, 2016 - 08:46 AM

Do we still want this ad gone? If so I will remove it

I'll offer $100.

OP hasn't been online since June 21, 2016. I'm marking this as Sold!

• Dane in PA and MyTractorsSexy have said thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sold, fully restored