• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 SNUFFY OFFLINE  

SNUFFY
  • Member No: 47170
  • 184 Thanks
  • 267 posts

Posted June 03, 2016 - 08:57 AM

I`m not sure what it is yet but I own it ! from some shots in the Pics Stickie it appears to be a mid 70s with hydraulics and mow deck. Said it is stuck in gear. S/N is 32262 if any body can cross that out.

Will have some pics soon. Any ideas on freeing up the gears ?

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,803 Thanks
  • 7,543 posts

Posted June 03, 2016 - 09:31 AM

I had a transaxle stuck in gear one time. It turned out to be that the parking brake was stuck on. When I freed up the parking brake, the gears freed up. It could also be that the shifter has a problem. Good Luck, Rick

#3 sharkman ONLINE  

sharkman
  • Member No: 34759
  • 153 Thanks
  • 122 posts

Posted June 03, 2016 - 09:44 AM

May be the shift level end.  It's a common problem the ball wear on them and the don't shift out of gear 

#4 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • Member No: 62466
  • 1,016 Thanks
  • 838 posts

Posted June 03, 2016 - 12:41 PM

Hi welcome to PK ownership and the group, per the SN posted it should be a 1974 model, its good to have hydraulics, does it have a 3 pt hitch or the lift draw bar? As for being stuck in gear that happens the the trans when it gets worn, others have posted that you  maybe able get the it unstuck by using a screwdriver in the fill/check plug hole moving the sifter fork, luckily I haven't had that problem.  Here's some good information on the Warner T92 transmission which is the 3 speed tranny in the PK's

http://www.speedextr...x_files/t92.htm

We want pictures.

• Alc said thank you

#5 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,662 Thanks
  • 6,480 posts

Posted June 03, 2016 - 09:05 PM

Remove top of trans to get the end ball of shifter out, then align gears to N position and the gear shifter and yokes to match, set back in catching those two gears with the yokes and bolt back down.  There is a weld build-up repair that can be done to the ball end to make it work again. BUT...in order to get top off trans, you have to remove the sheet metal tunnel over it and that requires a bit of a tear-down of the tractor to get it off. That is worst part of job. Learn to shift Slow and follow the H pattern real close with clutch in and tractor stopped rolling. These are NOT like a car trans to shift on the fly.

#6 SNUFFY OFFLINE  

SNUFFY
  • 184 Thanks
  • 267 posts

Posted June 06, 2016 - 05:36 AM

Thanks guys....pick it up Wed.

#7 SNUFFY OFFLINE  

SNUFFY
  • 184 Thanks
  • 267 posts

Posted June 08, 2016 - 03:54 PM

Well got her home....still stuck in the center channel. I got it to go forward and back  a little bit in the channel where you move between the gears. And when we had it off the ground loading it in the trailer the rear wheels moved freely in opposite directions.

It has the 2 pc 24 inch rear wheels and a K321s engine....not sure of HP . Apparently the battery busted and rotted out sheet metal platform and down by the footrest...but other than that it is pretty rust free. It has the draw bar lift which I assume can be modded for 3 PT

I`ll get some pics up when I get a chance...this guy has a Ton of lawnmowers tractors ,mostly older. I spotted 3 Panzers....3 Mi T Mite...we think. At least 40 allis chalmer model Gs.... 2 John Deere LA s one with complete set of cultivators. And an American Pickers treasure trove of smalls, pedal cars about a million cast iron skillets. Bunches of older tractors, walk behinds, on and on and on !

Edited by SNUFFY, June 08, 2016 - 04:00 PM.

• Alc said thank you

#8 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • Member No: 62466
  • 1,016 Thanks
  • 838 posts

Posted June 08, 2016 - 04:03 PM

Hi Snuffy, a K321s is a 14 hp (S) means electric start, as for one rear wheel turning forward and the other backward, that's normal, sound like your going to have to remove the tunnel to get at the tranny top to remove it to get the shifter back in place. Looking forward to seeing pictures.

#9 2broke2ride ONLINE  

2broke2ride
  • Member No: 58083
  • 38 Thanks
  • 36 posts

Posted June 08, 2016 - 09:23 PM

My shift rails where rusted solid in the front tranny when I got the 1614. Took the top off and freed them up with some pb blaster. Used it a year then tore it down to replace all the rusted bearings in both trannys.
  • Alc said thank you

#10 SNUFFY OFFLINE  

SNUFFY
  • 184 Thanks
  • 267 posts

Posted June 10, 2016 - 06:39 AM

Just have this one pic so far....more to come

Attached Thumbnails

• 43-20160602_150632.jpg