Garden Tractor Forums banner

Massey ferguson 7 questions

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  CanadianHobbyFarmer 
#1 ·
So I'm interested in tracking down a massey ferguson 7, therefore I have questions.

What kind of transaxle is in it? Moto Mower tractors had the 3 forward 1 reverse, so does the 7

Would a massey ferguson dozer blade from say a 12 fit on a 7 for snow clearing? Pushing loose dirt?

Would it be fine to install a sleeve hitch on this tractor? I'd be doing lighter work like cultivating...

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
You might be ok with a sleeve hitch on 1 and use a cultivator.They have a pretty beefy little cast iron transaxle in them.Not sure how heavy the bull gears are in it but they do have what looks like 1 inch axles.

I have 1 here with a deck that I've been tinkering with.They are alot more stout than they look in Pics but they are pretty small compared to a full sized garden tractor.

They made the following attachments for the MF 7/8

-MF 710 34" mower deck

-MF 720 36" snow blower

-MF 730 40" dozer/snow blade

Wheel Tire Vehicle Tractor Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Attachments

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
You might be ok with a sleeve hitch on 1 and use a cultivator.They have a pretty beefy little cast iron transaxle in them.Not sure how heavy the bull gears are in it but they do have what looks like 1 inch axles.

I have 1 here with a deck that I've been tinkering with.They are alot more stout than they look in Pics but they are pretty small compared to a full sized garden tractor.

They made the following attachments for the MF 7/8
-MF 710 34" mower deck
-MF 720 36" snow blower
-MF 730 40" dozer/snow blade

172-td4-b02-ext270.jpg 160985045_massey-ferguson-7-mower-and-snowblower.jpg
I want one because it's small, 4' rows are too much for the garden.

Ok I'll explain what I meant, was at work when I replied...

I want to use a small tractor like a massey ferguson 7 to cultivate because of several features it has.

I want the small size of tractor for cultivating because my rows are 48" right now, that is too big for fitting everything in the same area. The rows this year have some on 48" and some only wide enough to fit the rototiller (24") I'd much rather have all the rows on the same width, like 40" to fit a small Gt. I wanted to use a john deere 300 but that's too wide (40") and it takes a fair amount of room to turn around...

I want to lessen compaction from running bigger tractors up and down the rows, massey ferguson 7 only should weigh 400 pounds maybe. My tractor I was thinking of using (john deere 300) weighs in at 800 pounds, that's too much.

I already have a Moto Mower 6020 which would fit the bill nicely for what I want to do, but I don't want to risk blowing the transaxle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.