Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Tire changing tool that does not take up all your shop space.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 John Arsenault ONLINE  

John Arsenault
  • Member No: 76279
  • 783 Thanks
  • 516 posts

Posted May 30, 2016 - 08:31 AM

https://www.facebook...23/?pnref=story

Just wondering about getting the tire back on, sure is easy to get them off though.

• Gtractor, hamman, CRFarnsworth and 1 other said thanks

#2 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,731 Thanks
  • 4,288 posts

Posted May 30, 2016 - 10:15 AM

Here's the link if you want to buy one. They list it as a demounter only. I don't think it puts it back on.

http://www.northernt...86593_200486593

#3 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,662 Thanks
  • 6,476 posts

Posted May 30, 2016 - 12:24 PM

Pretty neat, but tires all new and non rusty rims and such, no effort in pix to put in the tool. Must have had a Bead Breaker in diff video! Heh!  For that kind of money, think I'll just take mine over to the tire shop!  I do have HBFreight changer and mount it into my truck hitch when I want to use it. Have more luck at removing than re-mounting tho. It's a little high to work on truck, and bead breaker needs a bucket under it to hold up tire when breaking cause not on ground or floor.  When I'm done, I remove the changer and put back in corner of garage and I'm Done.  I too would not want that thing mounted to the floor as they say to do, and mounting on platform is not steady enough when pulling hard on lever.  I remove, store mounts most times. Smaller ones especially, they don't fit on my changer anyway, hubs not big enough.