23 replies to this topic

#16 Toolfoole OFFLINE  

Toolfoole

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8230
  • 230 Thanks
  • 133 posts

Posted May 30, 2016 - 08:18 PM

LOL! You're right, glgrumpy. I told my neighbor this afternoon that all I need now is a small block Chevy mill and I'd be good to go! Maybe put a set of zoomies on it, too! :D Other than the JD yellow wheels, I like the look. I'd still prefer some original Bolens wheels, though.  :anyone:

No worries, believe it or not, there's plenty of clearance between the tire and fender (see below). I'm not planning on using these tires for snow removal. I'll just put the originals back on, so I can use the weights and chains.

I didn't think I'd have room, but amazingly, I was able to rearrange the shed and barely fit it in without kicking anything else out. The width is now 56-1/2" outer sidewall to outer sidewall and I can barely fit a sheet of paper between the tractor and the adjacent piece of equipment now. I forgot to measure the width before I put the new tires on, but it's probably about 48". :wallbanging:

Your PK roller looks awesome with those 31x15's! It looks like it would make a great puller. :thumbs:

I know you guys love pictures, so, without further adieu, here ya' go. BTW: There's another shot of my '61 Landy, as well as one of the Rangies in the background.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC05527.JPG
  • DSC05528.JPG
  • DSC05529.JPG
  • DSC05532.JPG

• KennyP, MailmAn, Austen and 1 other said thanks

#17 blackjackjakexxix OFFLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • Member No: 2194
  • 2,350 Thanks
  • 1,759 posts

Posted May 30, 2016 - 08:29 PM

Very neat looking,I have a couple sets of factory rims at home,I get back down I'll grab them

#18 toppop52 OFFLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,464 Thanks
  • 3,364 posts

Posted May 30, 2016 - 08:41 PM

My Simplicity 4041 is only 54" wide with the 31/15.50/15's, the offset must be more than mine. I gotta measure before I order.

#19 Austen OFFLINE  

Austen
  • Member No: 33768
  • 855 Thanks
  • 567 posts

Posted May 30, 2016 - 09:53 PM

Wow, those are wide! Do you notice any difference in performance? Any loss of power or low end?

#20 Toolfoole OFFLINE  

Toolfoole

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 230 Thanks
  • 133 posts

Posted May 30, 2016 - 10:05 PM

Very neat looking,I have a couple sets of factory rims at home,I get back down I'll grab them

Great, let me know.

My Simplicity 4041 is only 54" wide with the 31/15.50/15's, the offset must be more than mine. I gotta measure before I order.

I measured the offset to be 4" negative. Deep dish!

Wow, those are wide! Do you notice any difference in performance? Any loss of power or low end?

I haven't noticed any loss of power or low end, so far.

• KennyP and Austen have said thanks

#21 jpswift1 OFFLINE  

jpswift1
  • Member No: 69996
  • 358 Thanks
  • 343 posts

Posted May 30, 2016 - 10:57 PM

What does the offset measure at the rear? The FF's use a rim with very little rear offset.

I've got a brand new rim exactly like the ones in this thread.  If anyone wants it, they can have it for $20.

• KennyP said thank you

#22 jpswift1 OFFLINE  

jpswift1
  • Member No: 69996
  • 358 Thanks
  • 343 posts

Posted May 30, 2016 - 10:59 PM

LOL! You're right, glgrumpy. I told my neighbor this afternoon that all I need now is a small block Chevy mill and I'd be good to go! Maybe put a set of zoomies on it, too! :D Other than the JD yellow wheels, I like the look. I'd still prefer some original Bolens wheels, though.  :anyone:

No worries, believe it or not, there's plenty of clearance between the tire and fender (see below). I'm not planning on using these tires for snow removal. I'll just put the originals back on, so I can use the weights and chains.

I didn't think I'd have room, but amazingly, I was able to rearrange the shed and barely fit it in without kicking anything else out. The width is now 56-1/2" outer sidewall to outer sidewall and I can barely fit a sheet of paper between the tractor and the adjacent piece of equipment now. I forgot to measure the width before I put the new tires on, but it's probably about 48". :wallbanging:

Your PK roller looks awesome with those 31x15's! It looks like it would make a great puller. :thumbs:

I know you guys love pictures, so, without further adieu, here ya' go. BTW: There's another shot of my '61 Landy, as well as one of the Rangies in the background.

VERY cool!  And thumbs up for the vintage British 4x4s in the background!

Edited by jpswift1, May 30, 2016 - 11:00 PM.

#23 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,418 Thanks
  • 39,668 posts

Posted May 31, 2016 - 05:39 AM

That should help stabilize that loader!

• toppop52 said thank you

#24 Toolfoole OFFLINE  

Toolfoole

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 230 Thanks
  • 133 posts

Posted June 18, 2016 - 09:00 PM

Hey Rick, did you ever locate any of those factory rims?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tires, floaters, ultra tracs, carlisle, high flotation, wide